I 140 - Experience Letter requirement

hum1

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys:

I recently got my labour certified and I am ready fo file I 140. I need to provide total of 5 years of experience letter. I have exp letters for 4 years from India and two years from the current employer before the priority date. Is the current employer, who has filed for GC, experience letter will be counted valid against 5 years or not ??

Your feed back is appriciated !!
Thank you in advance.

hum1 said:
Hello Guys:

I recently got my labour certified and I am ready fo file I 140. I need to provide total of 5 years of experience letter. I have exp letters for 4 years from India and two years from the current employer before the priority date. Is the current employer, who has filed for GC, experience letter will be counted valid against 5 years or not ??

Your feed back is appriciated !!
Thank you in advance.
Only previous experience before joining the current employer will be counted. This should have been thought at the time of filing LCA for you. Usually lawyer does all these checks. Anyway consult your lawyer to find out the way for this.

srsin said:
Only previous experience before joining the current employer will be counted. This should have been thought at the time of filing LCA for you. Usually lawyer does all these checks. Anyway consult your lawyer to find out the way for this.

What srsin said is true except - 2 years experience with current employer can be counted if it was in a junior position as compared to the position for which LC was approved for. Say for example you worked as programmer for 2 years and then got promoted to sr. programmer and filed labor as sr. programmer, then your 2 years as programmer would be counted.
Again this is a grey area (especially with PERM labors) and consult lawyer for sure.

Our lawyer told us that previous experience with the same employer does not count, even if my husband (the LC is for him :)) had worked 2 years in a junior position. Also the graduate school experience does not count - there he lost 4 years. Took us about a month to adjust everything. The PERM is not even filed yet!!!

unsure said:
Our lawyer told us that previous experience with the same employer does not count, even if my husband (the LC is for him :)) had worked 2 years in a junior position. Also the graduate school experience does not count - there he lost 4 years. Took us about a month to adjust everything. The PERM is not even filed yet!!!

one can definitely claim Graduate school experience, and I’m an example
but you should remember that working 1 year in Graduate School will count towards 6 months of full time experience.

requirement for I-140

Hi,
Have a question. What are the minimum experience requirements for I-140 .
If Labor approved is EB2.