I-140 - Education Evaluation

ct_rk

Registered Users (C)
EB3 - Education Evaluation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have my LC certified with the below mentioned details:

I have my education evaluation done few years back (2000) for H1, and it was evaluated as equivalent to "US Bachelor's degree" based on academics alone (3 yrs bachelors + PGDCA). My HR mentions that since I did not have 4 yr degree back in India, I-140 could be vulnerable. Is this true ? What are my chances here. Please help and let me know.

-------------------------------------------------------------
14)
Education: College Degree Required - "Bachelor's Degree"
Major Field of Study: Comp Sci, Engineering, Electronics IT or CIS

Experience: 2 Yrs

15) Other special requirements: blank

Thanks !

Check the NSC EB3 classification guidelines

Check the NSC EB3 classification guidelines at

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

It says NSC will accept 3 or 4 yr degrees. Show it to your HR and lawyer. You might be ok.

Extract

Education Requirement in Labor Certification Not Restricted to U.S. Bachelor or Foreign Equivalent Degree: Following will be acceptable for "Skilled Worker" catogory of EB-3:

* (1) Will accept a combination of degrees or diplomas;
(2). Will accept 3 or 4 yr degrees;
(3). Will accept education evaluation prepared by a qualified credential
evaluation service;
(4) Will accept educational equivalency evaluation prepared by qualified
evaluation service or in accordance with 8 CFR § 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(D);
(5) Will accept a bachelor’s equivalent based on a combination of
education as determined by a professional evaluation service;
(6) One year of experience in the job offered will substitute for one year of
education toward a bachelor’s degree;
(7) Will accept single degree or any combination of degrees, diplomas or
professional credentials determined to be equivalent by a qualified
evaluation service.
* Since there is no difference between the Professional EB-3 and the Skilled Worker EB-3 for the purpose of the immigrant visa numbers in the Visa Bulletin, sometimes it can be very important that the labor certification is drafted such a way that if the alien cannot meet the Professional EB-3, the alien has a backup of Skilled Worker EB-3 so that EB-3 I-140 petition is not denied.
* [Matthew Oh Note: Again, the NSC has loosen up somewhat on this issue, accomodating a part of Grace Korean Methodist Church decision on this Skilled Worker issue, which the NSC one time applied very narrow reading of the langugae in the labor certfication application and denied I-140 petition unless the skilled worker option was met and requested by the petition. We want to reiterate our "thanks" to the NSC leaders for taking a reasonable interpretation of the regulations.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have my education evaluation done few years back (2000) for H1, and it was evaluated as equivalent to "US Bachelor's degree" based on academics alone (3 yrs bachelors + PGDCA). My HR mentions that since I did not have 4 yr degree back in India, I-140 could be vulnerable. Is this true ? What are my chances here. Please help and let me know.

14)

Thanks !

Make sure you apply for I140 Skilled worker category, ofcourse your labor should support that category also. Check with your attorney.

14)

Thanks !

Thanks you another_fella/some_greencard

140 being applied under skilled worker category. This would be applied at Texas Service Center. Would the guidelines differ from one service center to another ?