I-140 EB2 approved

sindhiguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Finally I got my approval notice in the E-mail regarding my I-140 approval. My details are

I-140/I-485 purely concurrent, EB2, RD 03/16/2004, ND 03/19/2004

I am surprised to see this approval as I had thought that things would be very slow this week.

Thanks..

Congrats sindhiguy. Could you post the LUD dates too? I have not seen many approvals EB2 cases lately

Thanks

There was no changes in the LUD except the one for the approval which is 12/29/04.
Prior to that my LUD was the received date of 03/19/04.

thanks gc369. I hope I get my 485 approved soon too. I am actually surprised it was not as most purely concurrent filings were getting both 140/485 approved. Do you know how long on average it is taking to get the 485 approval after I-140 approval ?

thanks

sindhiguy said:
thanks gc369. I hope I get my 485 approved soon too. I am actually surprised it was not as most purely concurrent filings were getting both 140/485 approved. Do you know how long on average it is taking to get the 485 approval after I-140 approval ?

thanks

Recently I have seen several cases, both pure-concurrent and semi-concurrent, where the I-140 and the related I-485s were approved at the same time. I don't see any reason why CSC should delay your I-485 adjudication when the I-140 has already been approved. Unless there's a recent change in the adjudication process, I'm sure that you'll see your I-485 approvals in next 1 or 2 weeks.

gc369 said:
Recently I have seen several cases, both pure-concurrent and semi-concurrent, where the I-140 and the related I-485s were approved at the same time. I don't see any reason why CSC should delay your I-485 adjudication when the I-140 has already been approved. Unless there's a recent change in the adjudication process, I'm sure that you'll see your I-485 approvals in next 1 or 2 weeks.

congrats! there was a process change which was announced a couple of days back. according to it, the cases should be processed non-concurrently. there was a thread on this board 2 days back.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=156758

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats sindhiguy,

After a long time fasting of EB2 category is over. Hopefully many more will follow you. I am pretty sure you'll get ur 485 approval notice soon. By the way did you receive any LUD on 485? I think u mentioned some time ago that u received an LUD for 485 on 10/27?

California_gc,

The notice which you mentioned is applicable for EB3 category and that too new filers (2005). I think the current concurrent applications should be processed concurrently, atleast hope so :confused:

pattahara said:
congrats sindhiguy,

After a long time fasting of EB2 category is over. Hopefully many more will follow you. I am pretty sure you'll get ur 485 approval notice soon. By the way did you receive any LUD on 485? I think u mentioned some time ago that u received an LUD for 485 on 10/27?

California_gc,

The notice which you mentioned is applicable for EB3 category and that too new filers (2005). I think the current concurrent applications should be processed concurrently, atleast hope so :confused:

i think it applies accross the board.

Sindhiguy - Congratulations!!!

california_gc is right, it's across the board. Since you are EB2 and your case will be approved soon, probably in next few days!!!

thanks to everyone for their wishes. My I-485 does have an LUD of 10/27 and there was a message change saying they received my fingerprint results. I had done my FP in April 2004 but my online status never got updated. I think while doing the mass update on 10/27 they updated the message to reflect the most recent status of my 485 application.

Recieved 485 approvals for me and my wife. Got 485 approvals on 01/03/05. Seems like the new year is really lucky for me !!

Wishing you all a very happy new year and best wishes !

Congratulations sindhiguy !!!!

Your really looooooooooooong wait is over finally. N-joy your freedom. I Wish all in line will follow you.