I-140 EB1-EA approved in one day!!

Reza-EB2 NIW

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
I got an email from Premium Office of TSC regarding the approval of my I-140 petition. I filed the I-140 form under the category of EB1-EA. I didnt have any lawyer, and didnt get any ref.

My suggestions to you guys are:
1) Do the E-filling
2) Prepare a very good cover letter
3) Make your documents easy accessible, colorfull and in a good order.

I didnt have the credentials that many of you have. I just graduated (PhD) from a U.S. University and had only 3 citations! I wrote a 20-page cover letter and I believe it contained all the information given in the rest of documents. The officer didnt need to read the attachments.

Good Luck,
Reza EB1-EA

I-140 EB1-EA (TSC)
RD: Nov 24, 06
AD: Nov 24, 06 :)

Hi REza,

How many and what criteria did you use out of 10 to satisfy them?

Reza-EB2 NIW said:
Hi Folks,
I got an email from Premium Office of TSC regarding the approval of my I-140 petition. I filed the I-140 form under the category of EB1-EA. I didnt have any lawyer, and didnt get any ref.

1) Do the E-filling

I didnt have the credentials that many of you have. I just graduated (PhD) from a U.S. University and had only 3 citations! I wrote a 20-page cover letter and I believe it contained all the information given in the rest of documents. The officer didnt need to read the attachments.

Good Luck,
Reza EB1-EA

I-140 EB1-EA (TSC)

I wrote for 8 categories. substantial contribution, memberships, reviewship, leading rols, published articles, exposition and conference presentations, citations, and awards.
I should say that I dont have any international or national recognized awards.
It seems you have been waiting for a long time. Hope you receive good news soon.

Reza-EB2 NIW said:
Hi Folks,
I filed the I-140 form under the category of EB1-EA. I didnt have any lawyer, and didnt get any ref.

1) Do the E-filling

I didnt have the credentials that many of you have. I just graduated (PhD) from a U.S. University and had only 3 citations!
Reza EB1-EA

Dear Reza,
Plz answer this for me:
What do you mean by saying " didnot get any ref"? Does this mean that you didnot attach any letter of recommendation. My problem is that my first coauthored publication got 10 citation till today, however I was 6th author on that paper. My first author publication has just been published and I may have to wait before I get any citation.
I do have a option of contacting all the people who have cited my earlier couthored publication (where I am listed as 6th author), but how should I convince other people to write a LOR for me if they have not cited my first author new publication. Although these new publications are in the same field of research or almost the same topic. Thank you so much for replying.

Raj

Dear Reza,
congratulations, that's impressive!
From what you are describing it seems fairly straightforward for EB1-EA: I-140 +cover letter/package with letters + e-filling and PP.
No other documentation required, right? No copies from passport or pay checks, or any of that stuff?
I am getting ready to submit as well, and I would be curious to see how other people with successful applications structured their cover letter. Can you tell me a bit more about that, or (after omitting private information) share parts of your letter?
I guess everybody has a different way to present his data and information, but I am surprised that the USCIS does not provide detailed guidelines in how to prepare the application.
Thanks!
AGM6

P.S. How many letters did you provide? How many from US and how many International?
Thanks!

Just Curious

Hi Reza,

Just curious to know if you got the RD and ND mails for I-140 efile,then for PP before you got the approval mail?

GC_SEP2005

Reza-EB2 NIW said:
Hi Folks,

1) Do the E-filling

Good Luck,
Reza EB1-EA

I-140 EB1-EA (TSC)

I had 10 reference letters. 1 from PhD advisor, two from my current bosses at a US universitiy, 1 from national lab, 1 from Canada, and the rest were from U.S. universities.
I filled the I-140 throught e-filling in Nov 21st and all the supporting documents were received in NOV 24th. The Premium Processing request was also received in Nov 24th. The approval email came out in Nov 24th.
I saw a note from "07162001" regarding the computer glitch problems. So maybe I need to wait a little bit more to make sure about this. Has anyone else heard about this computer glitch issue?!

Wish you the Best

if you e-filed on 11/21, it does not sound like a computer glitch. i have seen quite a few same day or second day approvals with TSC. hats off to TSC.

the erroneous approvals due to computer glitches happened to e-filing recently. petitioners received approval notice before supporting documents were submitted.

It may be too early to celebrate

I agree with 07162001's first statement.

"I have seen recent reports of automatic approval upon submission due to computer glitches."

It may be too early to celebrate. As of this morning, TSC is aware of this problem and working on it.

Reza-EB2 NIW said:
I had 10 reference letters. 1 from PhD advisor, two from my current bosses at a US universitiy, 1 from national lab, 1 from Canada, and the rest were from U.S. universities.
I filled the I-140 throught e-filling in Nov 21st and all the supporting documents were received in NOV 24th. The Premium Processing request was also received in Nov 24th. The approval email came out in Nov 24th.
I saw a note from "07162001" regarding the computer glitch problems. So maybe I need to wait a little bit more to make sure about this. Has anyone else heard about this computer glitch issue?!

Wish you the Best

Reza,

Have you received the approval by mail? what does your case status say on their web site?

niwnow said:
I agree with 07162001's first statement.

"I have seen recent reports of automatic approval upon submission due to computer glitches."

It may be too early to celebrate. As of this morning, TSC is aware of this problem and working on it.

Hi niwnow:

Did you see any LUDs once your PP is received. Hope you are doing PP. Are you at NSC or TSC? Mine @ NSC - RD was 11/15 and LUD1-11/16 and LUD2 -11/17 and I have not seen any change after that. Looks like the 15 days will be over be over for you by tomorrow. I will keep posted the developments.
THanks

Subra

Last edited by a moderator:
The last update that I see in my online case status says:
"Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On November 27, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case."

Guys, let me know what you think.
EB2-NIW

The email that I received from Premium Processing office said this in Nov 24:

"The Texas Service Center has approved the following
I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
that had been filed under the Premium Processing Service:

Receipt Number: SRCxxxxxx
Petitioner: yyyyyyy
Priority Date: //

Beneficiary: yyyyyyyyyyyyyy
DOB: xx/yy/zz
Classification:

The form I-797 Approval Notice will follow in the mail.

Please note that this e-mail message is being sent as a
courtesy and cannot be used as evidence of nonimmigrant
status. Nor can this message be used as evidence to procure
an immigrant visa."

But I saw another update (Nov 27) in my case that I already posted in this thread. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

HI Reza,

how could you e-file your I-140 as EB1-EA and do PP?
On the USCIS website it states that you can only do PP and I-140 electronically if you are "e" on the I-140 form (which is not "a" that would be EB1-EA).
My understanding is that you can e-file I-140 for EB1-EA, but still submit PP via mail, right?
If so, did you first mail in your PP and indicate that you would e-file the I-140 2 days later or so?
Thanks!

But you mentioned earlier that there was no RFE on your EB1-EA case. Is this RFE, that you have mentioned, for your EB2 NIW or EB1-EA case?

Reza-EB2 NIW said:
The last update that I see in my online case status says:
"Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On November 27, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case."

Guys, let me know what you think.
EB2-NIW

Yeah, this is confusing and sounds like they have goofed up something...I thought Reza had a fresh EB11 application e-filed...