I-140 Denied

dryheat

Registered Users (C)
Company name was "This Is Company Name" for about 21 years.
In 2001 Company changed the name to "TICN" (Acronym of old name)
In 2003 LC was filed with full company name "This Is Company Name" and approved.

Texas rejected I-140 because different name.

Company sent RFE showing that in 27 year corporation didn't change at all, same EIN, same State Corporation Commissioner number, same governing body and certificate from State Corporation Commissioner that corporation is in good standing since 1979. Still rejected.

I don't know what I'm going to do next. My 7th year H1 extension will expire on 6/2008.

I already contacted two attorneys and all they said was file appeal.

Wondering...

Sorry to hear deny notice..

But, I wonder.. if the company name has changed in 2001, why did you apply your LC with old company name in 2003 not under the new name?

If the new company is the same as old one, may the attorney prepare a lagel document which confirms "Succesor of Interest".. or kind of documents.

Last edited by a moderator:
But, I wonder.. if the company name has changed in 2001, why did you apply your LC with old company name in 2003 not under the new name?
I don't know. Company is blaming attorney, attorney is blaming company.

If the new company is the same as old one, may the attorney prepare a lagel document which confirms "Succesor of Interest".. or kind of documents.
It is the same and in my initial post you can see that we did provide evidence, still denied.

My boss just called AAO (I can't get a hold of attorney) and they said that they transferred case back to Texas Service center because they don't have jurisdiction over my case. What a load of crap.