I-140 denied. Depressed..

LaborApproved

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 was denied because the Company was not able to respond to the RFE for financial information in time. I just found that out from my lawyer....

The denial letter said that we have no right to appeal the decision
cause it was abandoned.

What are my options now? I have an approved Labor Cert. in EB3 category. Can I refile my I-140 based on my approved Labor Cert. since the Company now has a strong financial position. Will W2s from last year help?

Thank you all....

If you know EAC# for your I-140, and if you have checked online, you should have come to know if response to RFE is received or not. You should have contacted your lawyer if he responded to RFE or not. Why you become so neglect as you know that many
do not care for us, unless they benefit from us.

File new I-140, rather than reopening the old one. My thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got a receipt number from my lawyer. It was against company policy or something. But I spoke to him today and he said we can re-file the I-140 using my old labor cert.. MY question to the experts is that
the Company opened a new office with a new tax id a few miles down the street where I will work.

Can I use the same labor cert.? even though it is a new location
and as my old company is now a subsidiary? He further said I can extend my H1B for the next three years using the new Company since the employer is same.

Thanks for your help..

anyone with experience in changing attorneys mid-way in their cases. Mine is EB2/RIR I-140 PENDING SINCE LAST 8 MONTHS AND ALMOST ONE WEEK NOW. FILED ON JUNE 25TH. I am obviously looking to fire my attorney since I think my case could have been persued more intensely. So anyone with simialr experience suggest, advise, feel free to offer strategies please based on your experience..etc, etc

LaborApproved

Hey if u r depressed, there is a guy called Sanga. He and some
of his cronies can help you.

He seems to know many of the inner workings inside INS
( which even people inside INS don't :) ).

Although he is just a pathetic looser, with no clue about his
own case, he seems to have a penchant for "HELP"-ing
others....seems to have a knack for making many of the
pathetic looser Indian sufferers in these posts feel better.

Why don't you approach him for HELP ( ooops sorrry,
psycho-counselling ).

P.S Its just another matter, though, that you can keep your
head high, get together, spend money, and file a petition
and make ourselves heard loud and clear. But to do that
u need self esteem and pride. But till you hav that,
knock the doors of the Sanga's, Reddy's and similar other
loosers.

Find out by calling IIO if I 140 was ever filed.

LaborApproved ,

I understand your pain. Find out by calling IIO yourself whether you were actual beneficiary for I140 or not. I been through this situation myself, got labor approved in Sep 2000. Changed project and moved to new place.. Attorney said he filed I 140.. asked for money. I never really cared to get actual receipt from him and after spending 1.5 years, found out that he was debarred from NJ highcourt because of fraud for 3 years. So he didn't really file my I140 petition. (Anyone wants the name of this attorney, I'll send them private message).

Now I drove to his house, got money and original labor back.. but company mean time moved to FL from PA.. and merged to another company.. so the new attorney of the company didn't accept the labor... so had to leave the company..

After leaving that company, I went back to my old employer and again filed labor. With approved labor, filed concurrent I140 and 485 and just got approval for 140 and EAD/AP.

So in short, don't loose hope and keep up your efforts..

Keeping hopes up!

I still have an approved labor cert. under my name and i was the beneficiary of the denied I140. Lawyer says i can refile I140 with old labor with strong company financials. Btw, does the company have to show profits? if so how much? Will W2s be enough?

Btw, if u had an approved labor from old employer under yr. name why did u have to re-file labor?

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats!

Last edited by a moderator: