I 140 denied at the time of I-485 approval

A similar case

My uncle has a similar case:
He has I-140 approved Jan 97 from L-1, he filed I-485 on Dec97 and received EAD and AP Jan 98. So, he didn¡¯t extend his L-1 anymore since he already got EAD. Then, he received INS letter doubt he stills work in the same company and asked LOTS of stuff. He replied around 2 inch thick materials at the end of dead line, but guess what? The INS sent him a letter revoke I-140 with reason: ¡°DIDN¡¯T RECEIVE REQUESTED MATERIALS¡±. Of course the lawyer has all the evidence, they filed appeal rightway.

Couple month ago this year, my uncle received the result: still revoke the I-140. On the letter, it also says: ¡°this is a gross service error.¡± That intends the INS even made a mistake on giving him the L-1 visa, but he held it since 1994! This time the lawyer was very angry, she decided to appeal the 2nd time. That¡¯s the situation now.

Another interesting thing is: during these years, his I-485 still pending. So, he could apply AP every year and with no problem in and out the US. Now, he has his 5th AP on hand!

Anybody has any suggestion on it?

It is absolutely scary to ready about these cases. It is highly unfortunate that dangerous terrorists roam freely and INS punishes innocent law-abiding techies(no pun intended).

srivatsa, srama - Good Luck to you and hope you get some good legal help who can fight your case and get some resolution to your situation. Does your company job description say the words "...Computer Science degree .... or equivalent"? Most job descriptions say that.

lgwait - good luck to your uncle. I have never heard someone getting so many AP's...

The lawyer has suggested my uncle use another category to start over again later on, but my uncle still think about it. He wants give up actually, he won¡¯t trust INS anymore. For now, as long as his I -485 is not revoked, he will continusly use AP. until when? who knows?!

LGWAIT

Did your uncle renew his EAD every year?? Did he do the FP again?? What is the status of his 140

Thanks

Yes, he has EAD renewed every year like AP.
He has not re-done the FP.
His I140 - appeal

Is that unbelivable?!