I-140 Denial

microthunder

1) I-140 filed on June, 2003
2) Received an email from my company attorney 2 weeks back, that my I-140 denied.
3) Attorney said that my I-140 denied and there is no reason mentioned in my 140 denial notice
4) I have asked for the copy of 140 denial notice, but my company attorney refused to give me the copy of my 140 denial notice and also I have asked the reason for denial, my attorney said no reason mentioned in the denial notice
5) I have asked the attorney to appeal for my 140 denial, but attorney said that when my 140 denied, my LC approval also cancelled and attorney said that now they are going to file the labor again
6) I have searched on your form there are many threads regarding 140 denial and appeal/MTR.
7) I am not sure why my company attorney is refused to give me a copy of the 140 denial and also attorney is not saying the reason for denial and just said that there is no reason mentioned in the denial notice.
8) Could you please tell me that if 140 is denied, LC approval will be cancelled?
9) After140 denial, what is the next step to get it approved? Like appeal, MTR etc..
10) Could you please tell me the difference between appeal and MTR? which one is best for which situation?
11) Other comment from my company attorney is if we file appeal for 140, it will take atleast one and a half year to get a response and most cases it will get rejected. So attorney is suggesting to start from the Labor certification again.

Please send me the details, I need to take some action, time is running out, already 2 week gone after I heard about that my 140 denied from my company attorney.

you need to post your detailed info. EB!,2 or 3? which center? Concurrent filing? what type job you are doing now? etc.

listening to ur situation it looks like someone screwd up your LC and 140 application and i am guessing the credentials on LC and 140 don't match. i bet thats why they are not telling you reasons for denial. someone screwd up dude.

i dont have experience in appeals and MTR but there are others who do, post in the appropriate forum and i am sure u will get a response.

Post in this thread

microthunder said:
1) I-140 filed on June, 2003
2) Received an email from my company attorney 2 weeks back, that my I-140 denied.
3) Attorney said that my I-140 denied and there is no reason mentioned in my 140 denial notice
4) I have asked for the copy of 140 denial notice, but my company attorney refused to give me the copy of my 140 denial notice and also I have asked the reason for denial, my attorney said no reason mentioned in the denial notice
5) I have asked the attorney to appeal for my 140 denial, but attorney said that when my 140 denied, my LC approval also cancelled and attorney said that now they are going to file the labor again
6) I have searched on your form there are many threads regarding 140 denial and appeal/MTR.
7) I am not sure why my company attorney is refused to give me a copy of the 140 denial and also attorney is not saying the reason for denial and just said that there is no reason mentioned in the denial notice.
8) Could you please tell me that if 140 is denied, LC approval will be cancelled?
9) After140 denial, what is the next step to get it approved? Like appeal, MTR etc..
10) Could you please tell me the difference between appeal and MTR? which one is best for which situation?
11) Other comment from my company attorney is if we file appeal for 140, it will take atleast one and a half year to get a response and most cases it will get rejected. So attorney is suggesting to start from the Labor certification again.

Please send me the details, I need to take some action, time is running out, already 2 week gone after I heard about that my 140 denied from my company attorney.

Read this thread and post there. You will get good response.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=948431#post948431

Eric

I-140 Denial details

1) Filed in Nebraska.
2) Not concurrent filing, filed only I-140
3) I think EB2 (BS with more than 5 years experience), but till now my company attorney didnt tell me about the category filed :(

microthunder,
someone screwed up.
There is always a reason for denial and the company is working with the lawyer to prevent u from getting the denial notice.
Did u check ur on-line status on USCIS to verify if the appln did actually get denied.
If no, do so and if the notice does not mention about the 140 rejection, then the co. maybe working with lawyer to do something fishy , like, withdrawing the LC to apply for somebody else (unsuspecting desi despo might pay 10k or 15 k for preapproved labor and unscruplous desi / videsi contracting firms s.o.bs / fookers will get that 10-15 k- pardon the typographical errors)...
use the Freedom of Information act to get the reasons for denial from the USCIS and tell ur lawyer that u will complain to AILA if he cannot show you the denial notice. He is atleast entitled to show u the 485 denial notice since you are 485 benificiary and not the company.

I feel sorry for you. It is unfortunate, but this is not a time to regret/grieve; you must act! If I were you, it might be a time to evaluate your employment; can you rely/trust your current employer/Attorney, any more? (If you had to start all over from LC, couldn't you move jobs, while finding one that would pay you well, etc.?)

I agree with RegistrationID.