I 140 delay

zopesac

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I140 notice date - 09/11/2002
I140 Reciept date - 09/21/2002

My I140 and I485 filled concurrently. I am waiting more than 10 months. I called BCIS last month and they told me that I can raise an enquiry if I don't get result within 10 months and now when I called yesterday they told me that I can raise enquiry after 12 months and they are not ready to listen to me about my last conversation with them.

Any idea about the processing times? It seems that the processing times specified on immigration.com and murthy.com are not that accurate.

THanks in advance

Sachin Zope

there is no use to call

Even if they take your call, there is no use. They basically write your info and do nothing. My husband filed his first inquiry when he met 12 months requirement, and till now we have been waiting for almost 15 months and have not got any reply. The posted processing time does not mean anything to us at all. It appears that they process cases randomly.

I am in the same boat

Applied 140/485 on sept 20th
ND for 140 and 485 is 09/20/2002

Havent heard anything so far........

The 485 theory also doesnt work for me since I see approvals for oct 485 ND, but mine is in sept for 485.

Re: I am in the same boat

Yes it is going with I-485 theory. The published dates for EB3: 10-1-02 which means cases until that dates are passed thru the queue (assigned to an analyst/officer). Some of the officers are efficient and some or not. So you will see different approval times among same RD/ND. If a case is assigned to an officer and s/he is gone for a good two months vacation, that will delay too.....!!.

Eventually it all boils down to ones luck :D

Originally posted by SSDoc
Applied 140/485 on sept 20th
ND for 140 and 485 is 09/20/2002

Havent heard anything so far........

The 485 theory also doesnt work for me since I see approvals for oct 485 ND, but mine is in sept for 485.

Mr. Reddy12,
Everyone in this forum understands your frustation as we are all going thru the great deal of turmoil caused by delays at VSC. Nevertheless, your I-140 may not be out until December cases are taken up as your ND for I-485 is some where in Dec. - Unless you get very lucky. So, there is no point in getting nervous regarding case just becasue you completed 390 or even 400 days. We are all victims of VSC. Just relax :D

Good Luck !.
-Sanga.

Originally posted by reddy12
mie also eb3..
recipt date is july 8th..
already finished 390 days...
:(

Dont worry

Dont worry guys I am still here.

ND June 3 2002 EB3 catagory

EAD 12/21/2002

AP 3/7/2003

Travelled on AP for 3 months and come back on July 15th

I 140 hasnot approved yet. However I havenot called BCIS yet. I know it doesnt make any sense.

Wait...wait..and wait...that's what I am doing!!!!!

Hmmmm....

My I-140 is filed in Mar, 2003....Looking at all your cases, I need to go into deep meditation for another 6 months :eek:

Good luck and wish me luck too.......

Here is the text:--

08/07/2003: I-140 to Experience Slow-Down for Next Two Months

The special immigrant petitions for religious workers (I-360) other than minister category and related I-485 cases need expedite so that these cases be adjudicated before the law sunsets at the end of September 2003. Under the exigent circumstances, the BCIS decided to expedite these cases. The Service Center sources indicate that the adjudicators who are currently working on I-140 petitions and related EB-485 applications will be taken out of these product lines and swiched to I-360 and related EB-485 product lines, with the resulting delays of adjudications for I-140 adjudications for the next two months. As this reporter reminded people so many times, immigration agency decision on prioritization always produces winners and losers. It is the fact of life in immigration business.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am doing the most boring job in the planet. Need my freedom but cant have it without Green Card. Unfortunately immigration news brings more gloom :(

Just wish that VSC starts cranking up the I-140 applications just like old times. There were days when I-140 used to get approved under one month!

Oh Well...

Why Employment based Petitions are kept aside always ?!

240(i) law came in 2001 and Employment based LC's are s*****d up still not moving beyond Apr 2001 in most of the centers or just passed that stage !

Now Religious worker petitions get priority, employment based I40/I485 are going to be s******* up.

Did they ever give any priority or concern to clear few more I140s/I485s of employment based categories ?

Why always employment based applications are kept aside for others?

I just think somtimes, that my iron leg is causing problems in the whole process, also for others. I am almost on the edge of cancelling all my applications of GC altogether. ( LC pending in one state still processing Apr 30, 2001 and I140 substitute pending in VSC since Jan 2003).

It is just so frustrating. demoralizing !!

Can VSC accpet some volunteers to help them with some of the work which may not relate to the decision making process ? We should ask this to all service centers and SESA's DOL's.

hear you satya

bottom line -- have no choice but it stake it out. It's like limbo you are in neck deep s**t. you cant get out and you are in deep s**t!

On a lighter vein If I were to become a pundit instead of being a software engineer I might be able to get the GC faster. I have seen pundits in Chicago driving Mercedes! It's like win all situation. But you ought to know sanskrit which I dont :(

I-140 (Labor substitution) EB3:
-------------------------------------------
RD: March 28, 2002
ND: March 29,2002
Haven't heard from INS yet.

I-485 & EAD
-------------------
RD: Aug 28, 2002
ND: Sep 18, 2002
Haven't heard from INS yet about either EAD or I-485

The I-485 ND theory does not seem to hold in my case. . I guess I'm the unfortunate one :(
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Current VSC processing times indicate that:

I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E31, E32, EW3 10.01.2002
&&

I-765 Employment Authorization (c) 9 06.10.2003
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also why didn't they approve my EAD yet Any thoughts.....

It looks like VSC is not doing that

Originally posted by snowbell
08/07/2003: I-140 to Experience Slow-Down for Next Two Months

The special immigrant petitions for religious workers (I-360) other than minister category and related I-485 cases need expedite so that these cases be adjudicated before the law sunsets at the end of September 2003. Under the exigent circumstances, the BCIS decided to expedite these cases. The Service Center sources indicate that the adjudicators who are currently working on I-140 petitions and related EB-485 applications will be taken out of these product lines and swiched to I-360 and related EB-485 product lines, with the resulting delays of adjudications for I-140 adjudications for the next two months. As this reporter reminded people so many times, immigration agency decision on prioritization always produces winners and losers. It is the fact of life in immigration business.

According to this article in Sheela Murthy website (http://www.murthy.com/UDrelwor.html) it looks like the religious workers cases are to be expedited only in CSC and NSC. I do not know what happens in VSC but would like to take it that VSC is not reallocating adjudicators to expedite religious worker cases as VSC is already the SLOWESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.....

Still hoping for some light.....

You can do that :) and wake up when mine is approved :D. My ND is 1/25/03.

Originally posted by LiveAndLetLive
Looking at your cases, I think I need to hibernate for next couple of months