I-140 CP / I-485 AOS case - ND-12/00 - Finally approveddddd.....

marul

Registered Users (C)
VSC-EB2/RIR-ND-12/00
     I called the chennai consulate yesterday to know that my I-140 documents were already sent to VSC by sep 2001.Actually,I was puzzled by this reply as the IIO has told me that they were waiting on my I-140 documents when I called last week of december.And as a routine , I checked my voice mail last night and guess what - my case has been approved yesterday.Finally the turmoil is over.
      I would like to express my sincere thanks to every active member of this forum for giving valuable suggestions,insights and consolation which otherwise would have been more miserable.
Note:
        I got reply from consulate for my e-mail within 2 days and the customer support personnal gave the required info via phone.
Chennai consulate:
phone - 91-44-811-2060
e-mail - chennaiiv@state.gov

Thank you guys/gals and wish you all good luck for a faster approval.

Reply to Baba Yaga

I just asked for the status on my I-140 document that was sent to chennai.As for as my understanding I think we cannot initiate this process.The Consulate will send the documents to the respective service centers based on the request they get from the INS.I think the problem could be possibly handled this way.
a) In case you were told that the respective consulate has not received the request from INS - you can either directly talk to the IIO or alternately ask your lawyer to ask them to initiate the request.
b) In case you were told that the documents were sent back to the INS you will receive the registration number of the sent file and you could possibly refer to this during your inquiry of your status to IIO or thru your lawyer.

Hope this helps and good luck.

INS are never telling the truth.

the files are sent back in sep\'01, and they\'re still saying they are waiting for 140. What a lie!

I assume there may be mail delay due to anthrax scare that time.That may be the cause.

Congratulations - your and Baba Yaga\'s insight into the CP-based I-140...

will help a lot of folks like myself in similar situation. Have a very productive and happy after-GC life. Good luck.