I-140: Concurrent vs Non-Concurrent Approval Time Frames

dcmetro22042

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

I have read on some threads that if one files non-concurrent, the I-140 approval comes earlier from Nebraska. Is that true? If yes, why? Seems that the process should be the same. Also, if that is true, what is the benefit of filing concurrently? Getting EAD and Travel Doc faster? Realistically when can I expect to get an approval for I-140 & I-485, if filing concurrently?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
dcmetro,did u file non-concurrently? i have heard that for new filers,the I-140 & 485 can be approved within 6 months these days..any trends u have seen so far? non-concurrent I-140 used to be fast for people filing under the CP route..any ideas about non-concurrent for AOS?

dcmetro22042 said:
Guys:

I have read on some threads that if one files non-concurrent, the I-140 approval comes earlier from Nebraska. Is that true? If yes, why? Seems that the process should be the same. Also, if that is true, what is the benefit of filing concurrently? Getting EAD and Travel Doc faster? Realistically when can I expect to get an approval for I-140 & I-485, if filing concurrently?

Thanks.

One of the benefits of concurrent filing is you can apply for EAD and AP earlier than non concurrent case, and it helps some people who needs these documents.
I don't know if I140 is approved quicker in non concurrent than concurrent,
but you should look at whole picture including approval of I485.
Approval of I485 and I140 time frame depends on individuals. My I140 and I485 was approved concurrently within 6 months, but there are some people
waiting for i485 more than a year.

well i know about the benefits of concurrent filing,but in this era of retrogression,i guess i shud go ahead with non-concurrent filing anyway...
i was actually curious about the processing times - to me it seems like all the new filers are getting their I-140&485 approved within 6 months as compared to old filers,which has taken more than a year..but i wanted to see more cases regd this

GotPR? said:
One of the benefits of concurrent filing is you can apply for EAD and AP earlier than non concurrent case, and it helps some people who needs these documents.
I don't know if I140 is approved quicker in non concurrent than concurrent,
but you should look at whole picture including approval of I485.
Approval of I485 and I140 time frame depends on individuals. My I140 and I485 was approved concurrently within 6 months, but there are some people
waiting for i485 more than a year.

I have not yet filed. My lawyers are preparing the documents to file. I am expecting them to file before end of Sep.