I-140 at VSC... IIO was confusing

I just called VSC and the Immigration Info Office I talked to asked me my I-140 receipt number. When I gave her that, she said that she could not give me any info but asked me to ask my company to contact VSC as soon as possible. When I tried getting some more info, she didn\'t tell me anything. Based on your experience, what does that mean ? Have they issues RFE or is my I-140 approved ?

It means that the I-140 is your company\'s petition not yours

It would be a violation for INS to discuss anything about another entity\'s petition with you.

Jim

No Title

I called IIO and she told me that VSC is processing September 4,2001 cases right now. I ask whay may case is not approve. She told me that some case take liitle longer than other, If I don\'t heard from VSC
within 30 days then my comany should call them.

I got different answer

Hi Satish,

I called them yesterday, I tried to give my EAC No., but she said she doesn\'t need it and she cannot reveal any information about the process. Then I asked what is the current date they are processing, and she said August 21st, and it is my receipt date. She said, if I don\'t hear anything within 30 to 60 days, ask my employer to call them. She didn\'t want to tell any other information.

INS cannot speak to you about your employer\'s petition

The I-140 petition IS NOT YOURS! They cannot discuss it with you. It would be a breach of confidentiality.

Jim