I-140 at NSC - should I convert to Premium processing

ppm2

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 has been applied at NSC on 11/14/06 - normal processing.
No News still.....
I am on 7th year H1 extenstion. Expires in Oct 07. My labor is cleared EB3.
I want to convert I-140 to premium processing.
If I do so - when will my I-140 be cleared.
If I leave it as is - when will it be cleared.

Any ideas ..... experiences .....please let me know.......

(Want to go for 3 year H1 extention. Employer has agreed to do premuim processing of H1B. Would like to visit India in Jul.)

Any updates - welcome.:confused: :confused:

My I-140 has been applied at NSC on 11/14/06 - normal processing.
No News still.....
I am on 7th year H1 extenstion. Expires in Oct 07. My labor is cleared EB3.
I want to convert I-140 to premium processing.
If I do so - when will my I-140 be cleared.
If I leave it as is - when will it be cleared.

Any ideas ..... experiences .....please let me know.......

(Want to go for 3 year H1 extention. Employer has agreed to do premuim processing of H1B. Would like to visit India in Jul.)

Any updates - welcome.:confused: :confused:

For your trip to India even the existing approval notice will suffice for Visa stamping (if necessary). On your return, you may follow the NSC approval trend and decide accordingly.

On the other hand, upgrading to PP right away will fetch you I-140 and H-1B approval before your trip to India. Please weigh the advantages and disadvantages of spending $1000.00 in your situation.

I-140

I am in a situation where I need help from you guys. This is my sixth year of H1 (6th year expires on 10/28/07) and I got H-1 approval notice today for extension of stay and this notice is valid until 10/28/08. So that means I have 1.5 years from today until H-1 expires. I am also going to apply for I-140 after my EB3 labor approved RECENTLY.(PD 1/2005) Do you guys think that I should not go for premium processing and even should not apply for 3 year extension of H-1 after I-140 is approved. If after approval of I-140, I leave my present company can I still apply for 3 year H-1extension based on approved I-140.

Thanks

Madar

Hi

Giving an update to the benefit of others........:D :D :D
My I-140 has been approved in a day.
Details : EB3 (3 year graduation B.Com & Chartered Accountant).

My I-140 was filed at NSC on 11/14/2006.
My 7th year H1B extension expires on Oct 15 2007.
I wanted to get a 3 year extension.... planning a India trip.
Wanted to get 3 year stamping.....

So I upgraded my I-140 to premuim processing.

I got the intimation today morning that it has been upgraded to premium processing.

"....Your Request for Premium Processing Service for your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on April 12, 2007. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates......"

In the evening - I have got an email that it has been approved.

".....Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER
Current Status: Approval notice sent......"

Hi

I got the intimation today morning that it has been upgraded to premium processing.

"....Your Request for Premium Processing Service for your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on April 12, 2007. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates......"

Thanks for the update. I also upgraded mine to premium processing last friday. Let see how long it takes :)

Hi ppm2,

I mailed my I-907 on 4/4 by Certified Mail, the USCIS received it on 4/10 and they still haven't cashed the check nor updated my case. How long had you been waited from the day your mailed your application until the approval?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ppm2,

I mailed my I-907 on 4/4 by Certified Mail, the USCIS received it on 4/10 and they still haven't cashed the check nor updated my case. How long had you been waited from the day your mailed your application until the approval?

i did my application online with my HR manager. It took us about 30 minutes to create an account, fill out the form and pay by credit card. I got a receipt notic immediately and then an email from the automated system that my case was in premium processing.

Hi ppm2,

Just curious, did you received your LC hardcopy? There are postings in this forum that premium processing was not granted to cases without LC hardcopy.

Someone in the USCIS suggest me to file premium so that they can issue an RFE to PBEC to get my LC. In the I-907 instruction, it did say that an RFE, approval or denial will be issued within 2 weeks. And if the RFE is responded, they will also approve or deny the case within 2 weeks.

By the way, MDWatch, I tried online filing but I give it up since it is too complicated to me.

That fucking USCIS bitch lied to me. I just got a letter from them denying my PP request and returned the check.

Can you Upgrade I-140 to PP by yourself ? Or Att or comp has to file ?
Please let me know . I want to do my in PP.

You can do it with your HR person or the person that has been signing all the immigration papers for for your company. They need to set-up an account online with USCIS and then the process takes about 25 minutes. You can pay by CC too :) You DO NOT NEED AN ATTORNEY TO DO IT :D

I-140 denial and Charatered Accountant

Hello ppm2,
Congratulations on your I-140 approval.

I'm also a chartered accountant (B.Sc and CA) and I had applied for I-140 couple of months ago in PP and it was rejected.
We filed for Motion to reopen(MTR) with a better educational evaluation and it was rejected again.

The reason for rejection (posting only the relevant details) -

"The petitioner also submites evidence that the beneficiary was awarded a certificate from a professional association.
However, a certificate from a professional association is not a degree issued by a college or university. The
petitioner fails to submit evidence that the beneficiary was awarded a degree that is the equivalent to a US Bachelor's degree
in the required field"

I'm not sure what I can do differently at this point. Can you please let me know what the education details are in field 14 of the
labor application form? My requirements are Bachelor's in Business, Accounting, Computer sceince or related field.

I would very much appreciate if anyone can provide me with some ideas as well.

Thanks,
Sriram

I-140 and chartered accountant

Hi,
How can I get in touch with ppm2? I would appreciate if I can get his email address so that I can ask about my case.

Thanks,
Sriram

Hi

Gurus,

These are my details:
Self: On H1-b applied for 9th year yearly extension recently, EB2 RIR PD 12th Mar 2003 approved ( country is India), I-140 has already been filed.
Wife: On F1

Is it true that my wife will lose F1 visa is we file I-485 now as the date is current for us. Should I not file I-485 for her and just do so for myself. So that she can be on her F1 status.
Since I have 10+2+3 (15years of education in india)+ 1year post graduate diploma +6 months Post graduate diploma I have filed in EB2 catagory which might get denied on educational grounds. In case of denial at least I will still be on H1-B and she on F1.
In case of approval of I-140 (I have filed it in the regular process on 30th November 2006 still awaited). Are there any chances of denil at I-485 stage.

Also should I go for premium processing now for I-140 so that I can get it immediately. I intending filing I-485 ASAP but how much can I delay my wife's case so that her F1 is not affected.

As always I appreciate your advice.. PLEASE ADVICE ME.

Thanks,
neeraj.

Hello ppm2,
Congratulations on your I-140 approval.

I'm also a chartered accountant (B.Sc and CA) and I had applied for I-140 couple of months ago in PP and it was rejected.
We filed for Motion to reopen(MTR) with a better educational evaluation and it was rejected again.

The reason for rejection (posting only the relevant details) -

"The petitioner also submites evidence that the beneficiary was awarded a certificate from a professional association.
However, a certificate from a professional association is not a degree issued by a college or university. The
petitioner fails to submit evidence that the beneficiary was awarded a degree that is the equivalent to a US Bachelor's degree
in the required field"

I'm not sure what I can do differently at this point. Can you please let me know what the education details are in field 14 of the
labor application form? My requirements are Bachelor's in Business, Accounting, Computer sceince or related field.

I would very much appreciate if anyone can provide me with some ideas as well.

Thanks,
Sriram

Hi Sriram

See this in Immigartion.com front page. I think that it is a recent development afier your rejection
Important - A Change in the Definition of EB 2 & EB3. Read More

There was another post as w)ell based on this fro EB3.May be you can consult an Attorny ( Rajiv)) and refile your case again and i might get approved

See Point 7 below. This might apply to your case

According to the AILA-NSC Liaison minutes of 04/12/2007, the following standards generally applies in determining EB3[/COLOR[/B]]

Education Requirement in Labor Certification Not Restricted to U.S. Bachelor or Foreign Equivalent Degree: Following will be acceptable for "Skilled Worker" catogory of EB-3:

(1) Will accept a combination of degrees or diplomas;
(2). Will accept 3 or 4 yr degrees;
(3). Will accept education evaluation prepared by a qualified credential
evaluation service;
(4) Will accept educational equivalency evaluation prepared by qualified
evaluation service or in accordance with 8 CFR § 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(D);
(5) Will accept a bachelor’s equivalent based on a combination of
education as determined by a professional evaluation service;
(6) One year of experience in the job offered will substitute for one year of
education toward a bachelor’s degree;
(7) Will accept single degree or any combination of degrees, diplomas or
professional credentials determined to be equivalent by a qualified
evaluation service
Since there is no difference between the Professional EB-3 and the Skilled Worker EB-3 for the purpose of the immigrant visa numbers in the Visa Bulletin, sometimes it can be very important that the labor certification is drafted such a way that if the alien cannot meet the Professional EB-3, the alien has a backup of Skilled Worker EB-3 so that EB-3 I-140 petition is not denied.

Hi saknia,

These are my details:
Self: On H1-b applied for 9th year yearly extension recently, EB2 RIR PD 12th Mar 2003 approved ( country is India), I-140 has already been filed.
Wife: On F1

Is it true that my wife will lose F1 visa is we file I-485 now as the date is current for us. Should I not file I-485 for her and just do so for myself. So that she can be on her F1 status.
Since I have 10+2+3 (15years of education in india)+ 1year post graduate diploma +6 months Post graduate diploma I have filed in EB2 catagory which might get denied on educational grounds. In case of denial at least I will still be on H1-B and she on F1.
In case of approval of I-140 (I have filed it in the regular process on 30th November 2006 still awaited). Are there any chances of denil at I-485 stage.

Also should I go for premium processing now for I-140 so that I can get it immediately. I intending filing I-485 ASAP but how much can I delay my wife's case so that her F1 is not affected.

As always I appreciate your advice.. PLEASE ADVICE ME.

Thanks,
neeraj.
Edit/Delete Message