I-140 approved

nightsman

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I received my I-140 approval on Monday. It was just under 4 months. I was pleasently surprised when I checked my mail.
This was an adventure which was made easier by a lot of folks on this forum: Pradeep07, Ajasha, Mizzou Tiger, llp1, JK0274, NSCagony, Jer1st, per123, abuddha, ChrisV, Lakksh, amongst several others. A big thank you to you all.

It was very nice to be part of a community with several people in similar situation. I am sure everyone can appreciate the knowledge brought about by others that no one person could have possibly gained by him/herself. Thanks to all.

Well now the wait for AOS begins. I am sure I will get RFEd on that because of the nurse who would not give me a PPD test because I had documentation of previoous testing and wouldnt write the results of the test because she did not administer it! She did only an X-ray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I received my I-140 approval on Monday. It was just under 4 months. I was pleasently surprised when I checked my mail.
This was an adventure which was made easier by a lot of folks on this forum: Pradeep07, Ajasha, Mizzou Tiger, llp1, JK0274, NSCagony, Jer1st, per123, ChrisV, Lakksh, amongst several others. A big thank you to you all.

It was very nice to be part of a community with several people in similar situation. I am sure everyone can appreciate the knowledge brought about by others that no one person could have possibly gained by him/herself. Thanks to all.

Well now the wait for AOS begins. I am sure I will get RFEd on that because of teh stupid nurse who would not give me a PPD test because I had documentation of previoous testing and wouldnt write the results of the test because she did not administer it! She did only an X-ray.

congrats !!!

i wish NSC was as fast.....

Congrats...
It means that your case is strong, that you prepared your files well and that you are lucky. TSC is fast in I-140, but it seems slow in I-485, especially for those filed in last July window. My son's I-485 was filed last November, yet he got his GC already. Ours I-485 got stuck somewhere.

Thank you akmm, llp and JK.

llp: I think it is mostly luck - who is the officer who reviews your case. A bad case might get rejected by almost all officers, but a good case can also get rejected based on the person and his mood.
I agree TSC is fast with I-140, but slooooow with I-485. Regarding I-485, what is your country of chargeability? In any case, it is EB1 and you should be approved. Did you try calling them?

AKMM: congratulations on your recent approval as well. Do you have a pending I-485?

llp: I think it is mostly luck - who is the officer who reviews your case. A bad case might get rejected by almost all officers, but a good case can also get rejected based on the person and his mood.
I agree TSC is fast with I-140, but slooooow with I-485. Regarding I-485, what is your country of chargeability? In any case, it is EB1 and you should be approved. Did you try calling them?

nightsman,
I am EB1EA. No, I didn't call them. The processing time on the website is still June 18, 2007, which is before my I-485 submitting date. I will call them when it gets passed the processing time. My son's case got approved (even though his file was filed in November), it only means that he is lucky.
Thanks.

Wow - we are all on the same boat. Waiting for I-485. I am not sure why they say it is current if the processing is not current.... Hopefully you guys will hear soon, LLP and akmm. That will give me hope!
Thank you EB2007. What stage of the process are you in?