I-140 approved

each lud= 1 email?

Hi GCin-waitng,
Do you get an email every time there is an update? I've never received any email from USCIS except the registration email. When i log into the USCIS website, i see last updated today. I've seen that yesterday as well.

Thanks.
GCcracker

How to check I-140 status from USCIS website?

Hi,

Can someboday tell me how I can check my I-140 status from USCIS wedsite? My lawyer just sent my I-140 application to USCIS, so I want to track it. I will be very appreciated if someone can tell me. Thanks!

Quick approval, I-140 Schedule A, Grp 2 (EB2)

Quick approval, (see my signature)the customer service rep at TSC told me when I called this morning. Awaiting the 5 emails.

I did the PP by myself. Asked the attorney for copies of 140 application and receipt and then enclosed the 1000/-cheque. So it was easy.

But on the I-485 things are bit muddy. TSC told me the fingerprint is stuck at FBI, FBI told me today they returned on the same day..Aug 22, 2006! TSA rep suggested we fax the TSC Director to request updating records. My boss did that. Lets see what happens.

All the best pmpforgc!

pmpforgc said:
Hi GC in waiting

I can see lot of LUDs on your I-140 after upgrade for PP.

Does that indicate any thing based on previous expereicnces posted in this and other forums?

thanks for your earlier detailed responses.

I am in double mind about PP though every thing ready duet o two reasons. I have to pay 1500 for doing that from my pocket. I would have surely did that if Nov. visa bulletin did not come out with retrogession news.

yes it is really good idea to know about approval of I-140 before spouse start working on EAD.

Good luck with your PP

GCIN-WAITING ...... i have following questions

what does CODE 3 means in Finger printing form u get from TSC?
If i get Finger printing form, does it mean I140 is approved?
Please reply

GC in Waiting Can you answer my question

Hi GCin waiting Congrates again on your Sch. A approval.

Can you answer two of my questions.

(1) which phone number you called to know the status of your FBI name check? let me know prompts if any to reach directly to operator. Also what information we need to keep handy when we call them?

(2) Which number you called for status of your I-485 processing? I also might go for PP depending on status of name check.

thanks

FBI fingerprint check

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the finger print check number (there is no number for name check) from this forum: 304-625-5590 x3 . Have your A number and SRC 485- receipt number ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpforgc
Can you telll me which number you called forFBI to know about FBI name check?

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1537945&postcount=2689

for PP

Hello GCin-waitng,

Is there a special form that you filled out to upgrade your I-140 to PP?

And your company and attorney were ok with you doing it on your own?

Also, would you or anyone know how long it is taking nowadays for non-PP 140s to get processed?

My company's attorney submitted my I-140 earlier this month and we received a receipt with the case #. The forms were sent to Nebraska, but I think they got transfered to Texas, not sure if that is good or bad.

Thanks,

Stoned!

PP form

StonedAnt said:
Hello GCin-waitng,
Is there a special form that you filled out to upgrade your I-140 to PP? Here you go:
http://www.uscis.gov/GRAPHICS/FORMSFEE/FORMS/i-907.htm

And your company and attorney were ok with you doing it on your own?
My lawyer said she'd charge me $200 per hour and I asked her to fax me a copy of my 140 application and receipt..(needed to file PP). My boss is cool she and everyone else expect me to be on top of things...We are a tiny non-profit so its different...

The forms were sent to Nebraska, but I think they got transfered to Texas, not sure if that is good or bad.
Texas is usually faster than Nebraska.

Thanks,

Stoned!

GC in waiting

thanks for your earlier reply.

I had sent PP froms to USCIS.

what is the special phone no for PP processors?

Any response to your letter for fingerprint problem?

good luck with your I-485

pmpforgc,

I've sent you a PM. On the fingerprint saga, the fax seems to have been pretty ineffective. No LUDs on the 485. I called the PP number today and I was told the 485 file was in the file room. The agent said he would take a couple of print-outs and send them to the chief of the 485 section. He asked for all our A# numbers. I will look out for LUDs now.

All the best with your 140.

pmpforgc said:
I had sent PP froms to USCIS.

Any response to your letter for fingerprint problem?

I-140PP approved

All,

Glad to share that my I-140 got approved today.
Wish the Skill bill to pass in congress during lame-duck session.
Good luck to all.

RIR/CA/EB3/ROW
PD:Sep 17th 2004
45-day letter Received: June 21st 2006
45-day letter responded: June 21st 2006
Labor AP: Aug 04th 2006

Regular I-140 FD: 27 Sep 2006
upgraded to PP: Oct 20th 2006
LUDs: Oct 20th,21st,23rd,24th
I-140PP approved: Oct 25th 2006

Will apply for 3-years H1-B extension soon.

"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least."- Gothe

Hello Rahi,

Did you upgrade to PP on your own too or did your company completed everything for you.

I am trying to figure out if I can just do it on my own with a $1000 cheque and copy of the I-140 receipt. I have a gut feeling that my company might not be too enthusiastic about it if I asked them.

Thanks,

Stoned!

Our company did it for me. I don't know your exact situation but my situation is that 6th year H1-B will expire in November. Company tought to pay $1000 extra to upgrade to I-140PP, get it approved and apply for 3 years H1-B extension instead of paying lawyer for every year H1-B extension. See if you can convince your manager this way. I think you can also pay this $1000 and upgrade it through your lawyer but it is always better to go through your company at this stage. That shows company's willingness to an immigration officer.

Rahi

StonedAnt said:
Hello Rahi,

Did you upgrade to PP on your own too or did your company completed everything for you.

I am trying to figure out if I can just do it on my own with a $1000 cheque and copy of the I-140 receipt. I have a gut feeling that my company might not be too enthusiastic about it if I asked them.

Thanks,

Stoned!