I-140 approved

chicago25

Registered Users (C)
I received an email that my I-140 was approved on 4/4/05. I used a substitued LC with PD 1/2001 and I applied under EB2.

My I-485 and my wife's I-485 seemed to missing when I checked the status. I talked to an immigration officer and he said that they were working on the case. He wouldn't say much but he asked me to check back in a couple of days.

My RD for I140/485 3/30/04
RD or second EAD 2/11/05
AD for I40 4/4/05

I got my 2nd EAD approved a couple of days back. I had sent a letter along with my EAD application requesting the officer to look into my I-140. It was a shot in the dark and I am pretty certain that it did not play a role in the approval.undefined

This is my first post here, but this forum helped me keep my spirits up during the wait. I wish the very best to all of you who are waiting for your I-140.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats,

If NSC doesnt jump from Mar.'04 to end 2004 or 2005, I'm close from Chicago and just being more hopeful.

DIGS
EB3,
RD Apr.04

Digs,

I guess we both are in the same boat. What's your priority date?

Mahesh
NSC Concurrent filing EB3 :

I-140 / I-485 : RD : 04/22/04
FP : 09/03/04 LUD : 09/09/04 Message : "results of your fingerprint….."
EAD/AP : RD : 04/22/04
AD : 06/16/04

Renewal : EAD / AP:
RD : 02/15/05
EAD AD : 03/29/05

485 also approved

Today I again spoke to an officer regarding my I-485 status not showing on their autometaed system. This guy was very friendly and he asked for a bunch of info and finally said that he will look into the case right away as my I-140 was approved. He made me wait on the phone for 5 minutes and then he told me that my I-485 was approved!

As you can imagine, I was shocked and ecstatic. However I will wait for the actual approval letter before I celebrate. God bless that nice immigration officer.

Congrats Chicago25.

Mahesh
IL.
NSC Concurrent filing EB3 :

I-140 / I-485 : RD : 04/22/04
FP : 09/03/04 LUD : 09/09/04 Message : "results of your fingerprint….."
EAD/AP : RD : 04/22/04
AD : 06/16/04

Renewal : EAD / AP:
RD : 02/15/05
EAD AD : 03/29/05

chicago25 said:
Today I again spoke to an officer regarding my I-485 status not showing on their autometaed system. This guy was very friendly and he asked for a bunch of info and finally said that he will look into the case right away as my I-140 was approved. He made me wait on the phone for 5 minutes and then he told me that my I-485 was approved!

As you can imagine, I was shocked and ecstatic. However I will wait for the actual approval letter before I celebrate. God bless that nice immigration officer.
Congrats chicago25! Could you provide the NSC number you called [ including sequence]

Number to speak to an officer

Thanks everybody. Best of luck to you too.

INS2004:
I dialed 1-800-375-5283.
Then 1,2,1,1
This is the option to change your address/discuss problems with your case.
They will ask for the case number, name, address etc.

I told the customer service person that I could not find my case status online and she transferred me to an immigration officer.

All the best,
Jay

chicago25 said:

INS2004:
I dialed 1-800-375-5283.
Then 1,2,1,1

I told the customer service person that I could not find my case status online and she transferred me to an immigration officer.

All the best,
Jay
Thanks

chicago25 said:

INS2004:
I dialed 1-800-375-5283.
Then 1,2,1,1

All the best,
Jay

Hello Chicago25,

I am expiriencing the same thing. My I140 was approved on Monday (04/04/05), since then I cannot access to My I485 neither my wife's. I did call NSC and spoke the officer, but she was very ruddy and told that my case still pending. Our I485 had LUD changed on 04/04/05 and 04/05/05. I hope it follows your pattern. How long took,yours to be approved after their approved your 140? Regards

Recvd I485 approval notices

Valcris,

I received I-485 approval notices for both me and my wife yesterday. I can't beleive that I am actually done with this bs procedure. I wish you the very best too. It looks like I don't even need passport stamp as the notice says that I will be getting the actual cards within 3 weeks.

My I-485 was approved the day after my I-140 was approved. Like I mentioned in my previous posts, some kind immigration officer actually looked at my case and approved it when I was on the phone with im. I guess my case was already ready for adjudication. I think they may be processing based on priority date (though NSC often denies all logic).

I got it tooo!!!!!

chicago25 said:
Valcris,

I received I-485 approval notices for both me and my wife yesterday. I can't beleive that I am actually done with this bs procedure. I wish you the very best too. It looks like I don't even need passport stamp as the notice says that I will be getting the actual cards within 3 weeks.

My I-485 was approved the day after my I-140 was approved. Like I mentioned in my previous posts, some kind immigration officer actually looked at my case and approved it when I was on the phone with im. I guess my case was already ready for adjudication. I think they may be processing based on priority date (though NSC often denies all logic).

Hello Chicago,

after I read your message, I dicide to go on my mail box, and gess what! I got approved too. My case has been approved on the same day as I-140, but those guys kept the suspence until now. Thank you so much!!!

Congrats

Valcris,

Congrats buddy! I guess it is time to start partying :)

Kumarrad: Please see my previos posts in this thread for the number to get to an immigration officer.

Congrats Chicago / Valcris,

You really seem to have dialled M, for Magic. Rather than just getting the right number to dial, we may have to get the right time so that the pious soul would answer our call as most applicants have got rude response to their most courteous calls. Anyway, as about the two of you, enjoy your freedom.

Mahesh, you had earlier asked about my PD which is Aug.03. Good luck to you.

Wish this thread was split into two, 140 & 485 approvals.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD : Apr.04
PD : Aug.03
140 ??