I-140 Approved !

Strat

Registered Users (C)
Wanted to inform you all that my I-140 has been approved :) . My I-140 was Denied earlier. I went through an attorney in Altanta, Sowmiya Sikal, 770 619 2884 ext 10. She has handled my case very well. She applied for my MTR and my I-140 got approved as of 12/10/2004. My 485 which got invalidated because of the I-140 Denial has been reactivated. They have sent an RFE for the Birth Certificate which I will be able produce in due time.

The reason for I-140 Denial was in ETA 750 the petitioner had put 4 yrs of Graduation required whereas I had only 3 1/2 yrs (BSc Graduation in India + Post Graduation Diploma course in Computers through Technical Board of Education) But my attorney was able to add my NIIT training also and make it equivalent to 4 yrs of Graduation. The credential evaluators (which I went through initially) did not take into account my NIIT training. But the one which my attorney went through in Altanta, evaluated my NIIT training and convert that into a total of 4 yrs of graduation.

Most of the lawyers whom I had contacted earlier told me that I had only 5 % chance that the I-140 case will get approved. But I am happy to tell everyone who is in my situation that I was able to get my I-140 approved and so will you. You just need to get the right attorney to handle your case.

If you are in a similar situation and need help, please contact Sowmiya Sikal.

GoodLuck !

PS : My Employer had earlier filed for my GC without a lawyers help. Some of the mistakes that we learnt on the way was while filing ETA- 750 is please make sure that if you say 4 yrs of Graduation as minimum requirement, you have to mention 'OR FOREIGN DEGREE EQUIVALENT'

Also, try not to put too much years in the minimum requirement and experience. Try to keep it less than what you have. Also, item 14 of ETA 750, for Experience, Job Offered and Related Occupation, if you plan to put years in both these fields then make sure that you specifically mention -- Yrs of Job offered OR -- yrs of Related occupation. The word 'OR' is important otherwise they will evaluate as 'AND' and send an RFE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 RFE was around 1st week of October ..responded on 27th October
I-140 Denied with posssiblity of appeal was 1st November
MTR Filed on 29th November
I-140 approved on 10th Dec
TSC

Sikal and Associates
Suite 115 - PMB 153
11950 Jones Bridge Road
Alpharetta GA 30005

Tel : 770 619 2884