I-140 approved

bharathk

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Finally my I-140 status has changed to approved. My lawyer called USCIS and inquired about my case and it was updated the same day on USCIS.gov. I also got the email regarding the update from uscis.gov

They imformed the lawyer that my case is in post processing and they will respond in the next 30 days. To my surprise, it was approved when I immedialtely checked it online. I could believe my eyes but I will believe it when I they send me or my lawyer the approval by mail.

My I485 is still pending and hope it is approved soon. I keep my fingers crossed. My FP was done on Sep 10, 2004.

Best of luck to you guys.

Thx,
Bharath.

Hi Bharath,

Did you get your 485 approved.I am waiting on mine (I-140 approved on
12/17/04 , ND 09/18/03).

Also, concurrent filers - Will you please enlighten on the waiting period for
485 approval after 140 is approved

Thanks a lot,

Raj

TSC is generally taking one two weeks time to approve I-485 from the date of I-140 approval. I am confident that you will receive your I-485 approvals in a week or so. Goodluck.

My prayers have been answered.

Hi,

Just got the magic emails. I485 for me and my wife approved on 12/21/04.

This forum has been a great help for me through this ordeal and I would like to thank everyone for their advice and support.

Good Luck to everyone else waiting out there.

Thanks,
Bharath.

Congratulations on your 485 approval!

My 140 approval email was received today. I hope we get our 485 approvals also soon.

485 not approved yet...

I140 got approved on 17th, still no news about the 485. Just wondering what’s going in USCIS. Anyone in the same boat?

------------------------------------
EB2
140 RD - 12/17/2004 - Approved
485 RD - 11/24/2003 - R Date
EAD - Approved
AP - Approved
FP - 09/15/2004

in the same boat

we are in the same boat..our 140 approved on 15th december. No news about 484...I had enquired my lawyer and she said that they did not receive any RFE, and maybe they are waiting for any clearances..I dont understand this. Isnt the new policy to take up for approval only when all the clearances are done?
Hopefully we get the approval soon. We are a little tense about this.
Happy holidays to everyone...

for bharathk

bharathk,
When was your I140 approved? I am just curious about the approval date to see how long it takes between the two. Our case is EB2.

What is there to feel tense...

jdr,

What is there to feel tense about, biggest hurdle is 140, that got cleared. I am waiting from 2000 so another yr is not big thing for me. That is what I think. So we can wait wait wait….... :)