I-140 approved...

GCFreak

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

My I-140 was approved yesterday after 18 months of painful wait. Following are my details :

ND : Dec 16 2002
LUD : May 25 2004
AD : June 1 2004

Thanks to everyone on this forum for great information.

GCFreak

Give us your filing details please

Can you please state your filing status (EB-2?,NIW?, Concurrent or not, or consular processing) etc? If it is concurrent, have they ltouched your I485? Thanks.

GCFreak,

Congratulations, Your's is the first approval after a long time I've seen in this forum.

Details...

I had to wait for almost 6 months from the time that I was legally allowed to follow up with TSC regarding the delayed adjudication on my case before it was approved. I had filed several enquiries through my lawyer, which ended up on the desk of some very useless AILA liason. After about 4 months of filing enquiries through my attorney and not getting any response from TSC, I called the senator office. They sent an enquiry and got a response that since my application is petitioned by my employer and since I am the beneficiary, I could not approve senator's office to get details of my application. However this action on TSC part actually caused the approval. Maybe they realized that there was nothing questionable in my file and that I should have been approved...

EB3 category
Semi concurrent - 485 filed on April 16 2003.
First EAD/AP was approved in July 2003 and just got my second EAD last month.

One thing that I have learnt from these forums is "Never loose hope and continue to pursue all avenues once your case file date gets past the adjudication date".

All the best to everyone - good luck...

GCFreak

Congrats !!!

Good luck you guys and hope you get your I-485 approved soon.

Very happy to see some movement here.

-----------------------
RD 02/18/03
EB3 Concurrent

Last edited by a moderator:
hi captainr

Captain
YOur recived date is 02/18/2003????That is almost 1 and half year :mad:

I-140niw

My I-140NIW (no I-485) was approved in April, 2004. But the on-line status information has not been updated (my lawer got the approval notice) until now. I called the service center and they told me once I have the approval notice it is OK. Today from Immigrationwatch, I found my case was among the 33 cases approved. Anybody has the same experience?
RD:3/6/2003
Last updated: 4/12/2004
TSC
Approval data (from the approval notice): 4/23/2004.

hi richlee

Richlee,

Hi richlee when you apply?

richlee168 said:
Received notice today that USCIS not approved my case, in stead it's an RFE for the proof of the company has the ability to pay.

My company hold several hundred millions dollars every fiscal year, still asking for documentation the ability to pay?? funny enough :mad:

It's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
Conclusion is USCIS just follow a certain pattern, not actually read the document you provided in detail.

Ask loka

loka,

Did you file I-140 and I-485 concurrently ( filed at same day) ? what is you category ( EB1, EB2,..) ?

Thanks you give us information .

GC201 said:
loka,

Did you file I-140 and I-485 concurrently ( filed at same day) ? what is you category ( EB1, EB2,..) ?

Thanks you give us information .

Filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently, same day, EB3 (I guess).

Good luck to your I-485

loka,

Have you done FP for your I-485 ? I was said I-485 will be approved concurrently with I-140 for the concurrent filer. You may receive your I-485 approval notice soon.

Too many

Lots of applications prior to that date are still pending. You will hear different stories though. It seems that if you have filed concurrently, they will process your I-140 once they are ready to process your I-485.

The trick is, your I485 will not be processed until your FP are about to expire. We have to monitor this closely to see if it make sens.

---------------
RD 02/18/03
AD :mad:

How do you get this conclusion?

captainr said:
The trick is, your I485 will not be processed until your FP are about to expire. We have to monitor this closely to see if it make sens.

---------------
RD 02/18/03
AD :mad:

Conclusion

imba9900 said:
How do you get this conclusion?

How else do you explain them barely processing any I-140 concurrent applications. Also, my lawyer's feedback was very similar to this.

Don't forget this TSC we are talking about so you can never be certain of anything, even if your online message says approved !