I-140 Approved. TSC

immi_guy

Registered Users (C)
Filed my 140 to Nebraska, went to TSC for processing. EB3, no preminum processing.
Filed on 1st November. LUD was 1st November and then today got teh approval mail.
Ironically the 140 processing times still show June2006?
Waiting for my lawyer to get the approval notice to get furhter details (I assume the Priority dates are in the approval notice?)

Thanks.

Congratulations

Hi immi_guy
Congratulations. It was prestty quick. I see EB2 and EB3 cases are approved pretty fast. My EB1 140 is still pending even though it was received a month before yours.

Does any body know why EB1 cases take longer time?

congratulations!!

Immi_guy,

congratulations!!

My 140-EB2 also filed on Oct 28 as NSC.. Xfered to TSC.. Got aproval on Dec 12.

On Dec 11th, I had sent $1000 check to attorney to convert to PP and next days received the e-mail as approvaed. That saved my some $$.

Yes, you will see priority date, alien number on your 140 approval.

Now we have long wait..

little_tongya said:
Yes, you will see priority date, alien number on your 140 approval.

Now we have long wait..

How long does it take to get the approval notice?

&

You have any idea what are the current range of priority dates that ppl are getting (for India).

I do not trust the priority date status web site, because for I-140 at TSC it still sayd processing for Jun2006...where as we are getting approvals for I-140.

Thanks

Attorney should receive 140 approval notice with 6-10 days.

Long wait, I meant for 485.

No.. Priority date is different from processing time. Processing time for I-140 is June 2006(TSC). That means there are some cases, which are applied in June 2006 are being processed and all cases before that date has been determined.

Priority date, is the date when CIS will pick your case for processing, which is sitting like a big rock and not moving at all.And this depends on VISA availabilty whereas processing date depends on how fast they process the case. I-140 processing dates are completely independent of VISA numbers.

yeah what I meant/thought was if the processing date for I-140 is June 2006, which means that right now they are processing I-140 for applications submitted in June 2006, and on the other hand the applications submitted in Nov 2006 are being approved (like all of ours..)

Congrats

immi_guy said:
Filed my 140 to Nebraska, went to TSC for processing. EB3, no preminum processing.
Filed on 1st November. LUD was 1st November and then today got teh approval mail.
Waiting for my lawyer to get the approval notice to get furhter details (I assume the Priority dates are in the approval notice?)

Thanks.

Congrats on your I-140 APPROVAL.

My lawyer filed my I-140

Congrats

immi_guy said:

Thanks.

Congrats on your I-140 APPROVAL.

My lawyer filed my I-140 under regular processing today . I think she applied at NSC. I am curious how do they decide which center it gets processed? Is it random?

Got a email from my lawyer, Priority date is 7/31/06 EB-3.

When I look at Visa bulletin, the visa numbers are way way backlogged, how does this affect the next step, I-485?

Going by the above PD, when can I be able to file for 1-485?

Thanks

My 131/485/765/140 were filed at VSC on late November. It however ended up in TSC. Not sure how they decide. Is it due the fact that i live in TX, My company however is in ME. Any thoughts?

immi_guy said:
Got a email from my lawyer, Priority date is 7/31/06 EB-3.

When I look at Visa bulletin, the visa numbers are way way backlogged, how does this affect the next step, I-485?

Going by the above PD, when can I be able to file for 1-485?

Thanks

May be another 3-4 years, if the same situation continues. But if the congress passes the new immigration bill, there may be visa numbers available and cases will be processed much faster. Good Luck!

I am located in Los Angeles, CA, my I-140 is TSC

Hi,
Just want to let you all know that my I-140 is filed in TSC, eventhough I am in Los Angeles, CA.

Priority Date

Immi-guy,
It's kinda confusing reading through everyone's responses regarding priority date vs. processing date. My understanding is that they are the same thing, except one applies to you, the other one applies to the processing agency. Any kind of application has a receipt date, which becomes the priority date, if there is a backlog or a delay. But now-a-days, when the term "priority date" is used, I think it normally refers to the receipt date of your LC application (if you are EB3/EB2), because the Retrogression is causing such a big ruckus.

Is 7/31/06 your LC priority date or your I-140 priority date? If your LC priority date is 7/31/06...then indeed you have a long wait before you can file the I-485 judging from the current Visa Bulletin, which has been stuck on Aug 2002 for 3 months now (EB3).

My LC priority date is 9/25/02, but my I-140 has a 12/15/06 priority date.
The TSC I-140 tracking site shows "processing date" of June 2006, although I heard it's not accurate at all, it just means officially, they are telling the public that they are processing I-140s with receipt (priority) date of June 2006 and/or before, and don't bug them about it unless your I-140 recept/priority date becomes current according to that site. If someone who has a receipt date after June 2006, and somehow got his case processed, it's just an anomoly, and people such as myself cannot use that againt the Service Center. Eventhough I'd like to have my I-140 approved, in the whole scheme of things, it doesn't really matter, because I am still looking at about 1 year+ before I can file the I-485 anyway (assuming my I-140 can be approved within 1 year). I am, however, upset with ETA's Backlog Reduction Center, who has lost my LC, and I was forced to file the I-140 without the LC after two months of empty promises and waiting. I can only hope it's not going to cause any problems at the TCS.

NJ I-140 approved in TSC

USCIS online case status shows my I-140 has been approved. My info is NJ labor PD: 08/28/2006, I-140 regular processing RD:11/15/2006, AD:01/31/2007 EB3 World Wide. My case was transferred from Nebraska. So I still need to wait for my visa number to become current for further processes, but at least, I can get 3 year extension for my 7th year H-1 and I am a little happy now.

Last edited by a moderator: