I 140 Approved today: Next Steps for CP

kp14,

i am not a lawyer, so i dont know what to advise u. also, if u go to india in nov-dec and then come back and file pkt 3, u will need to go again in 2-3 mos for ur CP interview. I do not know if ur job will allow u so much time off.

as far as 'how much time it takes from pkt3 filing to interview date'...that depends on ur case, like your consulate ofc, etc. I do not have ur details. best thing is to go to cptracker.com urself, compare similar cases like urs, and get an estimate for time. however, remember, this is just an estimate! dont take it as a fact.

also, sometimes u can request that ur CP interview date be rescheduled and/or postponed. for this u need to provide concrete evidence for the delay like medical certificate or something.

KP14,

Let me add my 2 cents - from my understanding of the CP process, to a large extent we (the applicant) can control the dateline of the process.

Here is what I mean. Once your I140 is approved, the case is sent to NVC. If Form G28 is not filed at the time of I140 application NVC will want you to file Form 3032 at this stage. Also NVC will create a case after it has an agent on record.AFter the case is created a fee bill is raised. From the language of the fee bill, I understand, and it is not to be construed as an legal opinion, that you have 1 year's time to pay the fees. So if you are keen, you could hold on to the fee bill for a certain period of time and then make the payment. Hope this helps. You may also consider talking to your lawyer about this.

Please advise

Hi All CP guru's,

I have few questions, please answer them,
1. For faster CP process, what is the best way, A. To file I-140 as CP, and once 140 is approved go for AC140 and start CP process(do I need to fiel I824 in this case too). or B, file I140 as AOS and then later on 140 geting approved file I824 and then with receipt of I824(as I'am from Mumbai) get AC140 and continue with CP process.

2 .Please tell me which one is better, my understanding after going thru various threads in this forum is, if we file i140 with intention of CP< then I cannot use AC140 is this correct ? . Also by filing I140 as CP does it expedites the I140 process as there is no attached application for 485 ?

3. Suppose I go for CP process, and as per current speed I anticipate to get my CP interview inmonyh of May/June 2005, now in this conditions, can just I go for interview leaving my wife behind in US and postponing her interview date on some other date say 2 months after my interview, reason being we will be having newly born baby then, so in this case can I do this of postponing my wife interview at later date.Or is it constarinted as both husnand wife need to go together for CP interview.

awaiting answer

Praytx,

I have posted my details on CPtracker - check it out. My attorney has not reveived the P3 yet

Prash,

I'll partially answer you Q.

If you apply 140 with CP option, you cannot go through the AC140 option. I824 is for changing from AOS to CP. So it would not apply here.

If one intends to go for AOS and later on changes the mind, they an utilize the AC140 in certain conditions/circumstances.

In general if e'thing is going well, you would not be saving more then 2 mos. of your CP timeline if you go AC140, i.e. not significant.

alren said:
Prash,

I'll partially answer you Q.

If you apply 140 with CP option, you cannot go through the AC140 option. I824 is for changing from AOS to CP. So it would not apply here.

If one intends to go for AOS and later on changes the mind, they an utilize the AC140 in certain conditions/circumstances.

In general if e'thing is going well, you would not be saving more then 2 mos. of your CP timeline if you go AC140, i.e. not significant.

Hi alren,

thanks for the reply, so are saying that if we 140 with CP takes approx 2 months more than 140 with AOS and then later changed to CP.

Also can you answer the speed of 140 question in both cases, does 140 gets approved faster if its not associated with AOS ?

Does anybody know answer for the question, where my wife can go for CP at later date (not with me).

Prashant

prash_mate said:
Hi alren,

thanks for the reply, so are saying that if we 140 with CP takes approx 2 months more than 140 with AOS and then later changed to CP.
Prashant,

I'm just saying that if all the steps of Regular CP are executed on time and if all the steps of AC140 CP are executed on time, and if you have the right set of circumstances (e.g., right consulate, no law changes by the time U reach that point, etc.) U might save a couple of months. But if your orginal goal is indeed CP then don't fiddle with trying to fiile for AOS and then convert to CP.