I 140 Approved today: Next Steps for CP

harru

Registered Users (C)
Hello ,
My I 140 with CP option got approved today from TSC.
Conculate is Mumbai.
Can some one tell me where can I get information regarding the next steps etc.
Also what consist of P3? Any other thing I can do while this process goes on.

Thanks,

Cp

You will first receive a fee bill. Once you submit that ($335 per person), you will receive packet 3. It includes birth certificates, police clearance certificates and marriage certifictaes along with other regular documents. So wait a couple of months for the Fee Bill. and than a month more for packet 3.

Isnt the DS3032 sent out to the the beneficiary and the fee bill to the petetioner? . ( of course for an employment based green card).

I checked my status with NVC and the AVM mentions that the Affidavit for Support fee bill has been sent to the petetioner, and my emplyer confirms that they have received the fee bill. Wonder what are they supposed to do with it?

Is this Affidavit of support some documentation that the employer has to provide or is just the payment of $335 that I can make a MO and send?

Thanks for any help

My 140 was approved on Aug 5th and when i checked NVC Automated Voice Message system ,it says that "No information found on this case number " Any advise what to do next ?

Experts pls clarify .

Thanks
Naveen

naveenav,

First step : If you can get hold of our I140 application, check to see if it was filed with the CP option. Sometimes I have seen on this forum people assuming that the attorney filed for CP and later discover that was not the case.

Second Step : If you application was indeed filed with CP option, it is rather strange that the NVC case number has not be assigned to your case. Call 603-334-0700 at 8:00 AM (EST) and try talking to an agent. The agents are unlike the agents in USCIS. They do listen to you.
Best of luck.

Can I choose not to appoint an agent (a lawyer)?

I got my DS-3032. Can I choose not to appoint an agent (a lawyer) on my 3032?

At the end of August, the NVC system said the Affidavit of Support fee bill was sent to the petitioner.

After I sent out my DS-3032 (on the form, I chose not to appoint an agent), the NVC system said 3032 was received and an immigrant visa fee bill will be sent out.

Why there are two different kinds of fee bills - Affidavit of Support fee bill and Immigrant Visa Fee Bill?

Thanks.

shambho said:
Isnt the DS3032 sent out to the the beneficiary and the fee bill to the petetioner? . ( of course for an employment based green card).

I checked my status with NVC and the AVM mentions that the Affidavit for Support fee bill has been sent to the petetioner, and my emplyer confirms that they have received the fee bill. Wonder what are they supposed to do with it?

Is this Affidavit of support some documentation that the employer has to provide or is just the payment of $335 that I can make a MO and send?

Thanks for any help

hi alren, you think it might be a good idea to put a FAQ section for steps after I-140 including the actual steps themselves as a permanent post? (like useful stuff while waiting for interview). this qn seems to be cropping up quite often.. Just a thought,
Dilbert

Text from 140 approval Letter:

The above case have been approved .We have sent it to the Department of State National Visa Service Center (NVC),Rochester Avenue,Pourtsmouth,NH .NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action .It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate visa processing .The NVC will then farward the approved petition to that consulate .

So this indicates that mine was a CONSULAR PROCESSING right ?

Naveen

first things first. Yes I do beleive you had selected the CP option in your 140 application. Did you call NVC and get your NVC case #?

can u give more details abt ur case? like 140AD date? when did the msg change online?

Need assistance from CP gurus

My I-140 was mailed on August 18th 2004 with a Receipt Date of August 30th 2004. EB3 Category filed with Consular Processing option.The lawyers had said that it normally takes between 4-8 months to get approval.

To my surprise my case was approved on Sept 15th 2004. I have I guess Mumbai as my Consulate for Consular Processing.

I have a slight issue.BAsed on the processing times I was looking to get married in Dec2004-Jan 2005. Based on the Consular Processing choice what are the options I have so that I neither delay my process nor risk of getting entangled in the process where I cannot get married to a person from India ( not currently in the US).

If the gurus could explain the process and nuances it would greatly help !!!

check the links alren posted earlier in this thread that explains the CP process in detail. u will need to file packet 3, that would be the best time to 'add' your dependent (spouse) to your approved 140/CP application. For this you would need to get married before filing pkt 3 and have a marriage cert. ck cptracker.com to see roughly how long it takes to get pkt 3 after NVC creates a case and fees are paid.

If the marriage b4 pkt 3 filing is not an option...technically u can get married the day before your CP interview date. take the MC to the consulate and your spouse and other related docs (spouse PP, etc.) and request the consular officer to ad your spouse on your CP application. You can see where this is going...if the consular officer decides not to allow you to add your spouse...u r in a very bad situation....so the risk is high.

also, do a search for this on the forum...i recall seeing something similar.

praytx said:
If the marriage b4 pkt 3 filing is not an option...technically u can get married the day before your CP interview date. take the MC to the consulate and your spouse and other related docs (spouse PP, etc.) and request the consular officer to ad your spouse on your CP application. You can see where this is going...if the consular officer decides not to allow you to add your spouse...u r in a very bad situation....so the risk is high.

also, do a search for this on the forum...i recall seeing something similar.

This is scary!

Why will the consular officer decides not to allow the spouse to be added? Based on what rationale? I am single and I want to get married before the interview but it seems I cannot get married before I submit Packet 3.

Thanks.

there is no rationale! just some randomness and inconvenience to u as a result. technically, u shud be ok and the consular officer should allow u to add ur dependents provided u can furnish the evidence. but we are talking abt USCIS here...its just my opinion to use a conservative approach esp after all u may have gone thru to get up to this stage.

good info

praytx,

thankx for the info.hope the things work out for me.since my 140 got approved on Sept 15th I assume it will be abt Nov 10th-15th till I get Pkt 3.I am goin to India between Nov end and Dec.Will get married in that period.come back and file for Pkt 3 in Jan.

Hope that will be clean solution to my problem!!!! Let me know if you agree with this.

Just another question how much time does it normally take after you file for Pkt 3 to get the interview date.

kp14

praytx,
Message was changed on Aug 5 th i guess but i checked my status on my 140 approval on Aug 10 th .

I did call NVC ,they said its best to call them back again after i complete 60 days time frame .

I think i have to just wait and monitor .

Will the online message change on INS website to something else when they send my Fees recipt to NVC ?

NK

naveenav,

tks for the info. i dont know if the online msg will change when the fees are recd. however, from researching on this forum i have found that the AVM at the NVC does change.