I-140 approved. pls read

kmol60

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 approved on June 30th, 2005. My road to the approval was full of thornes and sharp stones. I was walking without shoes (means no help from any body, I did not know where I will end). I filed under 245 (i) I am not an IT professional. I got my work permit without much hazzles, and papers were moving fast. I filed my I-140 & 485 and my lawyer (I do not know he is a lier or a lawyer) sent those documents and after few months we got an RFE, while checking the case status, I found Immigration sent a request 4 weeks ago, and I called him, did you rcv any papers, he said, he did not, I took a print out and faxed him, he said, yes, I remember something H1 visa I asked him what H1 visa, I did not apply for any visa. I insisted him to send it to me by fax, he asked me are you sure? I said, "Yes", When I rcvd the paper, I felt so angry, I called him and asked you did not understand the contents of this letter, they are asking about the company's tax papers and any w2 of mine and other documents about the employer's ability to pay. I was not aware of those things, I talked to my employer. He was very slow, at last after 6-7 days, he gave the tax papers in a sealed envelope. I took it to the lawyer and he looked at the paper very fast and said yes your employer has the ability to pay. Nothing was there. I got my denial in November 2004. When I told him if you did something, it would not happen, he said you can amend the tax by paying the company my salary x 3 yrs i.e. about 100,000 $. I left him with my file. I was frustrated and angry, I did not know what to do. I hired another lawyer, we agreed for $ 6,000/- and 3,000 when I file MTR and when I get my approval the balance. He took my money first. I work for a newspaper (Indian). He sent his calculations along with company's temporary workers like subcontractors expenses) (my idea), I told him if immigration ask further documents, we do not have, he said they will not ask anything. I believed, the whole paper work was half an hour only. That was infront of me. We sent the papers, hoping something good will come. The I visited Immigration.com and I saw thread on employers ability to pay. Here comes United Nations. I wonder who is United Nations, because everybody getting their approvals, and I asked one of my colleagues, please send an e-mail and make sure he is the right person, immediately UN sent my colleague an e-mail he is the right person we are looking for. I sent him an e-mail and he called me back. After a brief talk, I was relieved. UN asked me to fax all the papers we sent to the immigration. UN said, I will not get my papers, argument was correct, but no documents. I was frustruated. He told me to send the company tax papers after looking at it, he said amend the taxes (What? paying the huge amount to the compay, like my attorney said? UN laughed and told me, no need of putting any money, I will do that for you. you will get your paper. I did not believe him at all. But reading other peoples experiences, I started believing him. I know, my company will not amend taxes. I asked him, do you mind to talk to the company CPA, he said, yes, he talked to him so many times, explaining to him what to do. The company CPA was not willing to do. UN talked to my employer, my employer told me he cannot do anything until Company CPA agrees. It took almost 2 months for him to convince them. I am very much obliged to him and I am very humble when talk to him, because he spent lot of time and efforts to get my papers done. Anytime, I called him, he assured me I will get my papers. My MTR was denied in April 1st. Immediately he prepared the taxpapers and sent to me and the Manager took it to amend it and UN prepared the form 290B drafted the letter and sent it to me told me what to do, how to send it (he told me do not spent anymore money to the lawyer) He made sure I put check in that. We waited. Nothing happend. I insisted to file another I-140 because my EAD will end in Augu, and also because of EB3 visa unavailability after June 30th, I filed a another I -140 with another bunch of money and sent to immigration. They rcvd my documents on June 30th. Also I got my 290B approval on June 30th, Nadeem rcvd e-mail, he tried to contact me, but failed, at last I found my e-mail and contacted him. Nadeem told me to cancel the cheques, which I did. In the evening I called him and thanked him for honesty, helping mentality and the assurance he gave me for getting my papers. At last, I asked him, can I borrow your heart for a while. he laughed ......... (because I found it a helping heart which I do not find)

Last 7 years I was waiting for my papers. I am happy. I thank almighty. Now I am looking forward to my I-485 papers approval. I thank everyone in the board. Keep up your good job UN.
Rgds
Kmol60

Kmol,

Wonderful news !! Am so glad for you. I am sure you will get your 485 approval soon.

Mine was a difficult path too - lying, grabbing and egoistic lawyers; I had to deal with 2 of them. But after meeting UN at least I knew what had to be done, only issue was how to get it done through these idiot lawyers.

First lawyer threatened the company that if we used UN's breif, company will get into big-time trouble !!! Company did not buy it thankfully, and I got rid of him. Big deal, he already had taken all the money, so why would he care. Money taken and no more work to do !!

The second lawyer was the funny one. Very entertaining. He took 3K and did not do any work. He billed 4 hours for reading UN's A2P document and charged 1 hour for amending the CFO letter that I and UN had prepared. He just added some inane stuff to it, nothing significant. Later, when I got approved he tells me that the important amendments he made to the CFO letter is what got me my approval !! He claims that the officer that adjudicated my 140 called him and told him that he did not even open UN's document, because he was so impressed with the CFO letter itself, which was right on top !!

When RFE on 485 came (EVL, Tax returns etc.) , he simply had no clue at all about what to do. He was not sure that my company will be willing to copy the job description from LC. And he did not know what else to do in that case. Initially he had told me 'dont worry, we will do AC21'. But only during our discussions he realised that even for AC21 it is most important that the job description matches the LC. He started to say that my case was very, very, very complicated, he had to do a lot of deep thinking (several hours * USD 300) and meditation. I just took the lead and wrote the EVL, and got the company to sign off on the job description as copied from the LC. Now lawyer got very dissappointed. He had wanted to make a few more thousands from me. He was anyway charging some 5 hours toward thinking on my 485 issue, but wanted more I think. He said 'salary is still 25% lesser. and W2 for 2004 is poor. EVL from another company means again ability to pay issue'. I pointed out that new Yates memo says that there is no need to check A2P for AC21 company, to which he says 'adjudicators dont care about what Yates says, what does Yates know anyway sitting as he does in DC. The adjudicators in the field know what needs to be done'. And he finally 'blessed' me with 'OK, we will just send this stuff you have. But I guarentee you that it will be 90% interview (which takes 14 months in NJ) and 10% denial. No chance of approval'.

485 got approved within 3 weeks of RFE received. UN called me to tell me, just like he called me for my 140 approval. I had requested UN to track my 485. I had even disabled my email option, because I wanted to know only from UN.

Of course, I am digressing here. Here is more funnies from lawyer. He invited me and my husband, yes, he wanted both of us to be there, and informed us that he knew of my approval even before my file got updated. How? My 485 it seems was headed for a straight denial at Vermont. The adjudicating lady officer called him and said 'I hate doing this to one of your cases, but I have no other option, I have to deny it.' My lawyer told her 'c'mon. just let it go' (he told us in hindi 'arrey, jaane do yaar') and she just let it go !

KMol, I am not being facetious or minimalising the pain and expenses we have gone through. But at the end of the day I at least want a little laugh for all that money since I got nothing else for it :)

Thank you

Thank you UN, and Sugee, since last Sunday night, after knowing the good news, I have a smiling face, which disappeared since the denial. I was angry with everybody, for nothing.

In my office everybody is happy about me and they asked me not to show "big face" in the office again (jokingly) which I gladly accepted it. I still can't believe I got my approval.

Thank you again friends
cheers
kmol

appeciation

Hi UN,

I really appreciate your efforts and time putting into save somany guys who are in touble like 140 denied etc.

I am really very much impressed as even attornies give up such cases and you take up and win the cases.

Sincerely,

unitednations said:
congratulations KMOL.

your case is a good study of not giving up.

245i applicants have it especially tough considering they don't have much options.

inquiry with uscis

Hi UN,
Recently I had called USCIS and put an inquiry on my case for EAD and AP. I got the following letter in snailmail recently from homeland security.Please let me know what does it exactly mean and what to do next....

dear candidate,

on 6/24/05 you,or the designated representative shown below,contacted USCIS about your case.some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

person who contacted us: xxxxxxxxxxxx
case type: I-765 EMP AUTH-ALL OTHER
Filing DAte: 02/23/2005
Receipt number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Type of service requested: CASE STATUS

The status of this service request is:

The processing of your petition/application has been delayed.All petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petition/applications.We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed .We apologize for the delay.

For future status inquiries of a petiotion or application field at this center you may want to utilize our National Customer Service Center calling (800)375-5283.If you would like to obtain forms,filing instructions ,case status or schedule an appointment with local office,please visit our website at www.uscis.gov. you must use the infopass appointment scheduler prior to visit
your local office.

FINAL NOTE:please remember that every person over the age of 14,who is not a u.s. citizen
or in 'A'or'G' nonimmigrant status must also notify the department of homeland security within 10 days from when they move .to do this ,please complete and email in Form-11.

please remember that every person over the age of 14,who is not a u.s. citizen or in'A' 'G' nonimmigrant stauts must also notify the department of homeland security within 10 days from when they move.To do this ,plese complete the form AR-11 and mail to the London,KY address.Failure to cpmlete all applicable sections may delay processing of the form.please disregard this notice if you submitted ab ar-11 form to DHS/USCIS within the last two weeks to the London,KY address.

paul e.Noak,Jr.
center Director
unitednations said:
congratulations KMOL.

your case is a good study of not giving up.

245i applicants have it especially tough considering they don't have much options.

what to do

Hi UN,

Could you please throw more light on IBIS check.
And also please let me know what to do. The same status is with my wife also. But she went to local INS office and she got EAD.

sincerely,
newgcseeker

please read

Dear friends,

I recommend anybody who has problem with immigration issues, please call UN and ask his help. I experienced so many things, which my attorney was not able to help me. He gage me lot of explanations and lot of time, explaining, always disturbed UN. (He always told me being a 245 (i), he wants my papers to go through). Then I went back to my attorney and asked him to do so. These big head fellows get upset about it, but what to do I have to get my papers. So please any confusions or questions call UN. Tell him to prepare papers for him. That will help anybody alot. (this is my suggestion).
Rgds
Kmol

I totally agree with you....

kmol60 said:
Dear friends,

I recommend anybody who has problem with immigration issues, please call UN and ask his help. I experienced so many things, which my attorney was not able to help me. He gage me lot of explanations and lot of time, explaining, always disturbed UN. (He always told me being a 245 (i), he wants my papers to go through). Then I went back to my attorney and asked him to do so. These big head fellows get upset about it, but what to do I have to get my papers. So please any confusions or questions call UN. Tell him to prepare papers for him. That will help anybody alot. (this is my suggestion).
Rgds
Kmol

Congrats kmol60. Your perserverence paid off. Wish you luck in your 485. I share your comments about UN. He is a great guy although he is not a lawyer he is extremely knowledgeable. I do not know UN in person but he has posted and provided some advice to things I post here.

UN keep up your good work and contribution. I am sure there are a lot of people who is just sitting and hoping...and I am one of them... :confused: