I-140 approved in less than 2 months!

GCseeker06

My I-140 just got approved yesterday..This Forum is a great source of information and I would like to thank all who share their experience and Wish all the best who are 'anxiously' waiting to get a positive response for their cases.
I got the approval (including an RFE & response) within 60 days of filing the case in Nebraska Service Center, which i never imagined would be 'this fast'.

Here is a snapshot of my case 'History':

* Applied I-140 using a Labor substitution on 16th June 2005.
* The original labor required a "Master's or equivalent Degree' for the job ( EB2) and i have 'Master's in Computer's Science.The labor was actually approved way back in June 2000.
* Got an RFE on 8th July 2005 for 'Eligibility to Pay' ( probably the total # of employees < 100).
* THe company responded ( provided the tax info since 01 to 05,, other financial info) on 27th July.
* Got an email from USCIS that they "received the document.." on 1st Aug.
* LUD changed on 4th, 5th, 6th.
* No change on 7th (Friday)..got little 'scared'.
* Passed the week end little 'worried'.
* Finally came the all important email at 6.00 PM yerterday( 8th, Aug) with the message ' your case has been approved and mailed"..what a relief :).

I have a question regarding I-485: My friend told me that the 'ceiling' for filing 485 has been reached for this year and i can apply only after Sep 1st 2005. Is it true ???.

Thanks,
GCseeker06

ebhola,

My friend told me that the 'ceiling' for filing 485 has been reached for this year and i can apply only after Sep 1st 2005. Is it true ???.

does this mean that those who r on eb3 get to file after sep1 2005. im really confused regd this retrogression thing. i was told that it will take around 2 years at the current rate to file 485!!

regds

yessssss do it!! dont waste time in filing 485/ead etc

its suppose to retrogress in Sep but not sure yet. usually INS sends out email 15 days adv announcing suchthings to the lawyer ( i was told)