I-140 approved in 60 days

nishokie

Registered Users (C)
I just received my I-140 approval...took only 60 days for approval. See signature for details...

Congratulations, Good Luck to your Consular Processing, 60 Day Approval is really good.

nishokie said:
I just received my I-140 approval...took only 60 days for approval. See signature for details...

Congrats and good luck.

BTW, check on if you need your PD to be current for the CP.

thanks. my PD is not current but my processing will continue till my file reaches the consulate. i wont get an interview till my PD becomes current.

me04485 said:
Congrats and good luck.

BTW, check on if you need your PD to be current for the CP.

Question

nishokie said:
thanks. my PD is not current but my processing will continue till my file reaches the consulate. i wont get an interview till my PD becomes current.

Nishokie,
What is a "Consular Processing?
Thanks!

Consular processing means getting your green card thru your home consulate rather than getting it here from the US

Ellada Hadjisav said:
Nishokie,
What is a "Consular Processing?
Thanks!

Faster Processsing?

nishokie said:
Consular processing means getting your green card thru your home consulate rather than getting it here from the US

If you go for consulate processing, will it be faster for you? Can you give me some details or where I can read about this process? Thank you!

nishokie said:
Do not be surprised. The most of concurrent I-140/I-485 will be adjudicated faster if flied since around the end of last year. I just got an I-140 approved; only taking 5 weeks from the TSC. They are doing a good job now.

in fact...i believe the opposite to be true. I-140/485 approval will take longer than the CP route. just think about all those LC's that are pending in the backlog elimination center. have u imagined that all these applications will flood the gates of I-140 and then of the I-485. processing will only get worse first at the 140 stage then at the 485 stage. many of the applications in the BEC are with PD dates from 2001 and 2002....the reason you're seeing such quick approvals of I-140 is because of the above reason. TSC is trying to flush out all the 140's as quickly as possible before it can become a bottleneck.

compiler said:
Do not be surprised. The most of concurrent I-140/I-485 will be adjudicated faster if flied since around the end of last year. I just got an I-140 approved; only taking 5 weeks from the TSC. They are doing a good job now.

Compiler Read This!!

hey congrats on your I-140 approval...

Question for COMPILER: How do u know that Texas is taking only 5 weeks for I-140 approval ?

the processing times show a date of 10 Feb 2005.???

i would take the 3 months processing time with a grain of salt. not everyone gets approved in 3 months. you can easily see that there are a lot of folks from 2003 and 2004 whose 140 has not been approved yet. TSC is very random in processing. if you get lucky yours will be approved quick too.

battered said:
hey congrats on your I-140 approval...

Question for COMPILER: How do u know that Texas is taking only 5 weeks for I-140 approval ?

the processing times show a date of 10 Feb 2005.???