I-140 approved in 14 days!!

sanjay76

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

First of all this is NOT my application although I wish it was!!

I just wanted to draw everyone's attention to the fact that there is a posting which says that a check for the following EAC # reveals that this I-140 application has been approved and on using the EAC # logic .. it seems like it was approved in 14 days!!

eac0402552519

I wish we knew more about this.. how is this possible???

Thanks
S

Taken from INS Website: http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

Case ND is Nov 04, 2003 (25 working days from Oct 01, 2003) and got approved on Nov 18, 2003....14 Days.

=============================================
Receipt Number: eac0402552519

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On November 18, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

=============================================

More details of the 14 day calculation...

The Application was received on the 25th day of the Fiscal year '04 (which when converted using EAC# logic comes to around Nov 5, '04 as the receipt date) and was approved on Nov. 18 '04 per the online message!!!!

Note the following:

EAC040255xxxx

EAC designates the service center

04 is the fiscal year

025 is the BUSINESS day of the fiscal year

5xxxx is the actual case # of the Application

CAn you believe this

Receipt Number: EAC0309450238

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On October 15, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I485 less than 6 months

This quick 485 is scary for a single guy like me.

OOOUUCCCHHH !!!!

Rasmeek

I dont think there is any thing to be surprised. Most probably the I-485 is family based nd not EB. I-140 fast approvals has been seen a lot of times sometimes with RFE and sometime without

karns

Family based 485 are filed at local USCIS Office not VSC.

Exception: If applicant are in the Baltimore District - then they file at the VSC.

I think

VSC is gearing towards the 6 month approval goal set my Mr. Bush. I am not sure when it is supposed go into effect though!:confused:

If you believe that, then you probably also believe that the moon is made of green cheese.

If you haven't done so already, please consider joining us in our fight for speedier approvals. All you need to do is send out a couple of faxes, to your congressman to join our voices in calling for faster processing of 485's. This campaign is already producing results, that are tangible and recorded in some of the other threads on this forum. Please help in helping yourself out of this misery. Support the FAX CAMPAIGN. (The link is available at the bottom of this post in my signature). What do you have to lose?

Why are you pitching for I-485 petition in I-140 forum? Most people here are still waiting for I-140. You are shouting for 485 because your 140 is probably approved.

Now if I ask you to add I-140 to your petition for faster processing of 485, would you be willing to do that?

Guys,

I had a similar discussion with my solicitor, she mentioned it clearly, when VSC recruits new ppl. they go through the application approval or verification (if I may) process,s o what happens is they randomly pick a file, and they train the new employee. So who ever the lucky Guy/Gal application comes into their hand it gets processed in no time ( I have seen approvals both for 140 and 485 in 4-8 days).

All we need to wish for at this stage is to get our application picked by some one...:) Regarding Mr. Bush pushing for Immigration, it must be a joke... I guess next election year might fast forward the BCIS processing or might totally slow down the process. This is just my conspiracy.. let's hope that the processing fast forwards somehow...:)

Share your thoughts :)

Happy Waiting..

another logic for faster 140 and 485 approval

guys if u can recall the wordings of Mr. John Ashcroft who publicly announced that the persons who have potential information about terror and can provide the same to the them will get their GC. i guess these fast approvals might be linked to that case.

these faster approvals are not for hard working, educated and good people like us. we have to pass thru the long process of waiting and getting exploited at each and every turn.

The I140 approval is for the nurses, Vermont is running a special category for Nurses I140 approval, the duration varies from 4 to 6 weeks.

:)

Hope this will answer your concerns on I140 approval.