I-140 Approved for CP and I-485 delay?

Suresh Kunuri

Hi, all:
    Please post if your I-485 is already approved although your I-140 was approved for CP. Did it cause much delay forI-485 approval?

Please... same boat

I asked for CP, in I -140, then decided to changed after and applied for AOS. My lawyer said there should not be any problem. But would like to know if it delay my I-485, Because they have to get the original I-140 back from NVC or india.

Thanks in advance

I wonder why you had to file I-824....No need for that....

Guys, I had my I-140 approved for CP. Filed I-485 during Dec 99...File got assigned to officer on May 25th, as per IIO. Approved on July 20. No RFE in my case. I am EB-3, India. So I feel there is some delay in approving my case. I have read postings by other users like "metoo", "jpol" etc..whose files are also assigned to the officer on May 25th, but they got approved within 2 or 3 weeks itself. They also did not have RFE, I think. I did not file any I-824 or anything like that. The delay in my case is not much, but it is very reasonable. Hope this helps.

No Title

I can tell U one thing for sure that there is a delay. My file is at NVC and inspite of blatant appeals they are still packet III and Forms. I only hope they don\'t send the file to consulate. As per my attorney yes there will be a delay in getting the file back but it will be not significant compare to 15 months I485 processing time.

Reply from Ron

Hi, Ron:
If my I-140 is approved for CP, but I chose to file I-485 instead. Does it cause delay in getting the I-485 approval.
How long does it normally take for VSC to get the approved I-140 back from NVC/Overseas Consulate?

Regards,

Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Delete | Edit
Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic: Possible 485 delay for I-140 approved for CP? (2 of 2), Read 30 times
Conf: Adjustment of Status Issues
Date: Friday, July 27, 2001 03:01 PM

It will not cause any delay at all. The NVC sends a COPY of the file overseas. They send the original back to the INS.

Ron Gotcher
Gotcher, Richmond & Associates, LLP
Attorneys at Law
15300 Ventura Boulevard., Suite 507
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Tel: 818-990-4922
Fax: 818-990-4964
e-mail: JRG@Gotcher-Richmond.com

Notwithstanding any express or implied comments in the body of this message, nothing herein should be construed as legal advice, solicitation of legal services, or the creation of an attorney-client relationship. If you have a complex problem, you should seek individual legal representation from a competent immigration lawyer.

No Title

Hi,
I do not totally agree to this. I came to know from my attorney that NVC sends the original to overseas consulate and the file has to be retrieved before final decision is made at VSC or local INS. Even there were couple of postings from 2 different persons who were not approved GC at Baltimore INS on their interview date because their file could not be retrived from overseas consulate.
So, I am sure there would be some delay. However will it be substatiate really depends on your luck...