I-140 approved, CSC/NIW after RFE

xu111

Registered Users (C)
I got the approval email this morning from CSC. Thanks for all the warm-hearted people on this forum and I have learned all the critical points of RFE from here. I should have known this forum earlier which might have saved me from REF process and the extra suffering.

I consider my credentials as slightly over the border line (see below). Good luck to all those still waiting.

RD: 03/31/2004
REF submitted: 04/07/2005
AD: 04/18/2005

Credentials: 6 ref letters at original filing + 4 letter at RFE
Field: biomedical
Ph.D. degree from a top 15 institute
Publications: 2 papers, both are 2nd authors at good journal (one more 1st author paper is on Cell, but after filing date. I submitted it anyway, just for the impression)
Citations: 30 for 2 papers (28 of them are independent citations)
Meeting abstract: 2,
Professional membership: 2
News reports: more than 100 from Internet

Hi,
I'm also planning to apply for NIW.can u please send me ur few recommendation letters as samples.i will really grateful to u.
Thanks again.

allaboutgc said:
Hi,

Could you please tell us how you got over 100 news reports? Is your work very famous?

There are less than 10 different news articles, but more than 100 websites post the news about my work on their website, many of which are hospitals and healthcare systems. It is a novel finding, related to a major human disease and it is published on the best journal, which make it worthy some attention.

What additional evidence or information were you asked to provide? I am curious since you spent only 11 days on collecting the new materials. Thanks

xu111 said:
I got the approval email this morning from CSC. Thanks for all the warm-hearted people on this forum and I have learned all the critical points of RFE from here. I should have known this forum earlier which might have saved me from REF process and the extra suffering.

I consider my credentials as slightly over the border line (see below). Good luck to all those still waiting.

RD: 03/31/2004
REF submitted: 04/07/2005
AD: 04/18/2005

Credentials: 6 ref letters at original filing + 4 letter at RFE
Field: biomedical
Ph.D. degree from a top 15 institute
Publications: 2 papers, both are 2nd authors at good journal (one more 1st author paper is on Cell, but after filing date. I submitted it anyway, just for the impression)
Citations: 30 for 2 papers (28 of them are independent citations)
Meeting abstract: 2,
Professional membership: 2
News reports: more than 100 from Internet

It takes 11 days for me to receive the approval notice after I submitted RFE materials.

Actually I have spent nearly 3 months to prepare required documents. Since my RFE is in January, what I got is a quite general requirement and they just ask for everything.

kaixin said:
What additional evidence or information were you asked to provide? I am curious since you spent only 11 days on collecting the new materials. Thanks

CSC: ExtraOrdinary case: RFE issued - newbie

Hi

I applied in Oct 2004 simultaneously (I-140/485). FP was done, work permit was issued.

My priority date just passed.

Now it shows that an RFE was sent for my I-140 - what do they ask now in California?

Should I be worried? What do they typically ask?

Also what is "RD", LUD & "AD" means?

What are the "critical points of RFE" ?

Last edited by a moderator: