I-140 approved changed jobs

gsai78

Hello Folks,

I have got an I-140 approval notice from previous employer (EB2, PD Sep 2007).

I got my H1 transfered to another employer and now they are filing for my labor again.

Is there any way I can port my priority date from previous 1-140 approval?

I just have an I-140 approval notice from previous company and I don't have any Labor document. Do I need any other document?

I confirmed from my previous employer and they haven't revoked my I-140 approval.

Will my new comapany has to file the labor and I-140 again?

Thanks

The provisions for transfer of the earlier priority date are unrelated to AC21 portability. Having solely an approved I-140 petition (without an I-485 that has been pending for 180 days) does not give the individual eligibility for AC21 green card portability. We have received some questions about the job mobility referred to in the caption of this subsection, and want to be absolutely clear that we are not referring to AC21 portability. Changing jobs after approval of an I-140 where an I-485 has not been filed means that the green card case will have to start over, right from the labor certification (LC) stage in LC cases. However, it is possible to request to retain the priority date in a later I-140 petition, once there is an approved I-140 petition in an earlier case with a different employer or even for a different position with the same employer. Therefore, an approved I-140 petition has a potential advantage for those who seek to change employers or jobs, but it is not as big of an advantage as having AC21 portability.]

Last edited by a moderator: