I-140 approved can I change employer?

hejosh

- EAD got approved on July 27th 2004
- I-140 and 485 filed concurrently receipt date June 10, 2004.
- I-140 got approved on Feb 15th 2005.

President of company got divorced and his wife took the company in settlement. So now he has incorporated a new company.

1. Can I move to his new company..
2. Would I loose everything for GC so far or can I transfer
3. Can I use AC 21
4. Can AC21 be used after 6 months of concurrent filing or 6 months of 140 approval?

What do you suggest or what are the implications to me with this change.

I would really appreciate if you can please help me with these questions.
THANKS!!!!

>>President of company got divorced and his wife took the company in settlement.
smart girl ! ;)

>>1. Can I move to his new company..
YES

>>2. Would I loose everything for GC so far or can I transfer
No, you won't lose anything...

>>3. Can I use AC 21
Sure

>>4. Can AC21 be used after 6 months of concurrent filing or 6 months of 140 approval?
Well, it is actually 6 months after Adjustment of Status (485) filing, provided that the I-140 is already approved...

The only thing I would verify/research is that if there is any request from USCIS in future to submit evidence of ability to pay (as has been observed in some cases that used AC21), how would it be handled by your new employer's attorney....I'm mentioning this because you said it is a new company that you want to join. But then again, an attorney would be able to provide guidance on this....

======================================
Disclaimer: I'm not an attorney, just a smart alec ;)

hejosh said:
Can AC21 be used after 6 months of concurrent filing or 6 months of 140 approval?

since ur 140 is approved and its past 180 days from RD of your 485 you can use AC-21 to change jobs provided new job is in same or similar category.