I-140 approved but no LUD on I-485

Gcdays

Registered Users (C)
Any new 485 approvals in these 2 weeks (Jan 2005) ? Looks like they are clearing only I-140.

They may only approve 140 for a while

The latest update on murthy.com states that an official memo has now been circulated within all the service centers. Concurrent adjucation is now officially over. The service centers will now approve 140s and the 485s will have to wait till visa numbers are available.

How long it takes for the service centers to implement this memo is anybodys guess? My guess is that Jan is probably the last month when a few lucky people will see their 140-485s being approved relatively close to eachother.

Again those of us whose PD is before Jan 2002 (myself included) should see our approval soon.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
That is correct.

We guys have PD before Jan 2002 and so will get the concurrent approval.

There is no Greek and Latin interpretation for this. Any attorney has to say the same thing.

Normally, 485 approval follows 140 and need not be on the same day.

My friend got 485 approved on the 3rd of Jan

Gcdays,

In answer to your previous question. A co-worker with the same PD/RD as me got his 140 approved on the 18th of December 04 and then got his 485 approval on the 3rd of Jan. Lets hope the same happens for all of us.

regards,

saras

I am EB2. My 140/485 ND is: Dec. 2003. My 140 was approved on Dec. 16, 2004, but there is no news on 485 yet. Do not know how many years I have to wait.

Hi Everybody:

I am kind of still confused - will be grateful if someone could clarify.

So has the concurrent adjudication been cancelled for all categories or only for EB3? My application has been filed under the EB2 category so I am curious as to how my application will be impacted by the new memo.

Thanks,
sfa

Saras76 and will_get_there

For those applicants who have been issued an RFE on 485, does that mean a VISA Number is already made available for them. And there application would be adjucated when ever USCIS receives an adequate response on the RFE. I other words, their application would not suffer the retrogression.

SFA, I think the concurrent adjudication is over for all the categories. I am EB2, my 140 was approved one month ago (2 weeks before that memo issued), but my 485 is still pending.

Gcalabama

At this point it is hard to say what exactly is going on. My guess is that your 485 has been assigned a VISA number already. Why else would they issue an RFE? The present time falls under a "grey area" where it will be hard to figure out exaclty what the service centers will do. I think there is bound to be a lot of confusion in the next few months. Lets just wait and hope our processes get through this mess.

saras