I-140 approved but no EAD

niti

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I have been a silent reader of this forum and have benefited by wealth of information from this site. I filed my I-140/EAD/AP/485 concurretnly November 20, 2003. I got an RFE on I-140 for financial information on Feb 4, 2004, which my lawyer responded back on March 31,2004. When I went to local INS office to get IEAD , they refused it becuase they found that there is a hold on my application becuase of I-140 RFE, so I will have to wait until my I-140 decision. Fortunately my I-140 has also got approved 3 days ago. I went again to local INS office again and showed them copy of an approved I-140 and still the lady said that they can not issue me IEAD becuase Vermont Office has not removed the hold from EAD applications. I do not know what should I do in this regard. When I spoke to my lawayer he said vermont office has removed the hold from EAD status.

Has anybody faced this situation?

Please help????

Niti,

Congratulations on the approval of your I-140. I hope you are able to resolve your EAD issue soon. Perhaps it takes some time (surprise, surprise!!) for the hold status to be lifted ... try again after a couple of weeks? I am not sure what your other options are.

Also for the benefit of others in the forum, could you give details of what category your I140 was filed under?

I think this is the only case in Nov 2003 that I have heard of such an early approval. I hope your luck continues to the EAD as well, soon!

It is EB3. I got this approved , may be becuse of RFE....But if somebody could provide me more information regarding this 'hold' status on EAD/AP/485 ... that would be a big help.

It is EB3. I got this approved , may be becuse of RFE....But if somebody could provide me more information regarding this 'hold' status on EAD/AP/485 ... that would be a big help.

I am in the same situation. I got an RFE in I140, so my EAD/AP wasnot approved. Finally my I140 was approved on March 23, 2004 but my EAD/AP is still pending. I called the 800 number, they asked me to wait for 30 days for their response to my inquiry.

My details are
I140
RD: Sep 3 2003
RFE: Jan 26 2004
RFE Reply: Feb 26 2004
AD: Mar 23 2004

I485/EAD/AP
RD: Oct 06 2003
All Pending as of today.

congrats niti

The hold is just on EAD so i guess you should not worry ... it will go away within 1-2 weeks .....

Can u tell how did ur lawyer reply to query ?

how big is ur co ?
what did exactly they ask for ?
was ur w-2 salary matching labor ?

I think it was the requirement for balance sheet information and letter from CFO. my company is a midsize comapany with 500 employees. Also he did not ask me about w-2s.

140 approved but not EAD

My case is similar to yours. My ND is 11/25/03. EB3. RFE issued in Jan 3rd week. RFE response recieved by USCIS on second week of Feb 04. 140 approved on March 23. I am still waiting for the EAD approval. I did not try for IEAD either, because I did not need on right now.

If you look at the 2003 tracker, there are some cases with no EAD and no 140 approval around the last week of November 03.

Yampati

yampati can u post details of ur co and rfe and were u working for the co. ? w-2 salary vs labor salary

details

RFE was for my W2s from 1999, 2000 and explanation on the experience affidavit (lawyer did not give any other details other than taht they will give appropriate explanation).

My company is a consuting company with employee strength between 200 and 300. And the salary on the W2s I provided, is very much less than the LC salary.

Yampati

Thank you all guys for your comments.
adyav and yampati, please share your progress as far as the hold on EAD. I need to get IEAD for my wife because her 6 year H1B limit is expiring. I am not sure about her status after her H1B expires.

Any comments please.

User850

That is correct. But can she continue working after her H1B expires with no EAD or IEAD in hand?
thanks for the help.

140 RFE replied but no approval

Hi,

First time posting. I replied for my 140 RFE on Feb 18th, 04. but status is same that they have received it and would take so many days. No approval yet. Any idea what should be done.

RD - 10/31/03. /EB3

testminister.

user850,

We have applied for H1B extension to capture the remaining months from 6 years. which is going to be 2-3 months. That is the reason we need IEAD. Just in case.

Has any body received IEAD or EAD recently who also received RFE on I-140 or I-140 approved with RFE.