I-140 approved after appeal

Akash Sharma

Registered Users (C)
Just got the email from USCIS,

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On August 23, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. blah blah...

But there is no change on I-290 B! Should I celebrate my freedom or wait till update on I-290B?

My EAD was cancelled becuase of I-140 denied? What is the procedure now to join new employer?

Thank you very much everyone in the thread. It was difficult route but not imposible. Good luck to everyone.

ND: 8/1/2003
RFE: 1/5/2004
Denied: 5/nn/2004: Educational Ground
Appeal: 6/nn/2004: Submited another education evaluation report
Approved: 8/23/2004

Congrats!
Case is in NSC?
what's the MTR status?
Did feel this one happend with MTR/Appeal?

Akash Sharma said:

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On August 23, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. blah blah...

But there is no change on I-290 B! Should I celebrate my freedom or wait till update on I-290B?

My EAD was cancelled becuase of I-140 denied? What is the procedure now to join new employer?

Thank you very much everyone in the thread. It was difficult route but not imposible. Good luck to everyone.

bcis,

It was appeal. But appeal status still showing same message: We have received your application and it is taking 30-180 days, etc...
Would it be matter?

EAD Status

What happens to the EAD status when the denial of 140 happens and the appeal is made

is it moved to AAU? or still with NSC

Akash Sharma said:
bcis,

It was appeal. But appeal status still showing same message: We have received your application and it is taking 30-180 days, etc...
Would it be matter?

Akash,
NSC has approved your case, without sending it to AAU, Washington. So your I-290B status won't change online. You are good to go. Don't get think too much.

naanshi.

I-140 Approved

Akash,
Congrats...

I had a few questions,
I understand that you were on EAD and you had problems with I-140.

- Do they send letter regarding lapse of EAD due to denial of I-140

- How do you manage the status in that period.

- After I-140 get approved again -- like in Ur case -- do you have to wait for 90 days to get EAD.

- I had submited the same education evaluation that I did for H1B. Do they come under question too ...

Thanks
KM

Please Clarify this

If 140 pending , EAD / AP approved, you have denial and you appeal for the 140 what happens to the EAD/AP does the status stay as is (my employer said it does )

Also if Eb2 140 is denied can we apply in EB3 category

Any thoughts

kiranmath said:
Akash,
Congrats...

I had a few questions,
I understand that you were on EAD and you had problems with I-140.

- Do they send letter regarding lapse of EAD due to denial of I-140
Yes when they sent denial notice to my employer I got cancellation notice for ead/485

- How do you manage the status in that period.
I am still maintaining my H1-B status so that wass not an issue.

- After I-140 get approved again -- like in Ur case -- do you have to wait for 90 days to get EAD.
I dont know, I am waiting for expert's opinion here.

- I had submited the same education evaluation that I did for H1B. Do they come under question too ...
Its depends on you labor, not on H1.
Thanks
KM

MTR case status?

Hi Gurus
Mine is same case. Where to see the case status? I have applied for MTR about a week ago, but I don't see me I-140 case status. Please let me know. Thanks.

Akash Sharma said:

Current Status:

Akash,

Would you be kind enough to tell on what educational issues your I140 was denied? Was it a three year degree or a non-IT degree?

Thanks,

how long it takes??

Akash,

mine is a MOTIC MTR applied on June 15. No news so far. How long does it usually takes to get an answer. As per the online message it usually takes around 30-60days. I dont see any LUD changes on the my I140 or MOTIC.

My I140 was denied due to employees ability to pay.

-Sai

Akash Sharma said:
I never got message that it moved anywhere and its been only 2 months after appeal, so I guess it is from NSC.

Mine was applied on June 6, So I think within a week you will see some movements.

SaiGC2004 said:
Akash,

mine is a MOTIC MTR applied on June 15. No news so far. How long does it usually takes to get an answer. As per the online message it usually takes around 30-60days. I dont see any LUD changes on the my I140 or MOTIC.

My I140 was denied due to employees ability to pay.

-Sai

Edu Evaluation

Akash
What objection they had with the Edu Evaluation -- was your labor a subtitute one.
I have done civil engg and working in software since last couple of years -- do you think that might raise a flag.

Thanks for help
BillToo

Billtoo said:
Akash
What objection they had with the Edu Evaluation -- was your labor a subtitute one.
My degree evaluated as bachelor through one evaluator but I have Master Degree in Comp. Sci. and which is as per my labor (not substitute) requirment. We submitted new evaluation from two different evaluators and it went through.

I have done civil engg and working in software since last couple of years -- do you think that might raise a flag.
Sorry I dont have enough experience to answer this.Thanks for help
BillToo

I 140 and EAD issues

Congrats

Please help me out. Something wrong here.

I got a notification from INS saying My I 140 got denied on JUN 24th 2004, applied motion to reopen.

I filed concurrent filing I 140 & I 485

This is what I see online for I 140:
This case has been approved. On July 28, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Once my I 140 got approved, all the cases should be reopen right even my dependent( my wife)?

This is what I see Motion to reopen

Application Type: MOTIC, MOTION TO REOPEN BEFORE THE COMMISSIONER

Current Status:

On July 28, 2004, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Since my wife works on EAD, which expires on 30th of this month, I applied to renew her EAD on july 27th 2004.

Now i got letter from INS, her EAD got rejected, stating lawful permanent resident was denied on june 24ht 2004 and therefore is no longer pending before this service.

Please help me out what is the issue here. My I40 got approved once i filed MTR and my I 485 should be reopend( never said that my 485 deneid or my wife 485 denied)

Your suggestion will help me a lot.