I-140 approvals after ohata memo

bigbadwolf

Registered Users (C)
:confused:

Anyone know of any I-140 approvals after the ohata memo? My case:

RD March 2004
Concurrent filing of I-140/I-485.
FP scheduled and cleared May 04.

How long does the name check take? Will my I-140 processing begin after the name check has cleared?
Any idea how this memo affects my case?

Thanks

bigbadwolf

how do you know your Fingerprint has been cleared by FBI ?? Is there any contact number ?? when u did your FP ?

I checked the uscis website and I also email notification that a response had been received from the fingerprinting check and processing has re-started. Go to the uscis website and register yourself as a customer for emails.

interesting bigbadwolf where did u fp ? because i completed fp in april 2004 and concurrent file in feb 2004 but no further updates on my case as yet.

bigbadwolf/iknowitall ,

Did you guys apply at VSC? I applied for 140/485 concurrently at VSC in mar 04 and I have not received FP notice yet.

Thanks,
Sri

bigbadwolf,

Can you pls post the date you did your FP and the date status changed in the USCIS website ?.

I am trying to get an idea how long USCIS takes to update the case.

Thanks

Hi bigbadwolf

Ho to register yourself as a customer for emails? Can you please post the link?

Thx

I did my FP at Boston.

ssam, please go to the bcis website and register for access like you would for any other website!

bigbadwolf said:
ssam, please go to the bcis website and register for access like you would for any other website!

Can you please guide me. I could not find any link on the site where i can register. appreciate your help.

Question for Bigbadwolf

Bigbadwolf,

Please advice on what kind of notices you have received online.
When you had your FP request, did you status changed online?
I understand that 10 days after you did them, you got confirmation of clearance. Was this reflected online as well?

Thanks for your response
Elnegro

Yes reflected online and received email on status change. It took about 10 days from fp to get status update. Please follow this thread for instructions to register.

fp done and status updated online

I-140 & I-485 : rd 1/22/04
EAD/AP : 3/10
Fp Appt: May 19th
Cases status updated online regarding FP on 5/28

140 approved on 5/28................................

Guys below message got updated for my status on 5/28..

This case has been approved. On May 28, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I guess my 140 is approved..

below are my details

labor pd : 08/2002
140/485 rd : 11/2003
140 RFE : 02/2004 ( ability to pay & W2)
RFE replied : 04/2004
140 AD : 05/2004
FP done : 04/2004

Bigbadwolf question

Thanks Leo

I would like to go back to Bigbadwolf question. Any other approvals of 140s after the Ohata memo (filing in Jan 2004 and later) ???
Elnegro

Leo,
Your approval seems to indicate that NSC is foll Ohata memo based on April 30 date and is not in accord with the memo wherin they stated that after April 30 if a 140 case has not been approved and if it was filed concurrently USCIS would consider iit for simultaneous adjudication if the FP and name check is ready. So I guess people who applied in NSC before 043004 and are awaiting for 140/485 approval will have to wait for another n yrs.