I-140 approval wording

justcuriousaa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for EB2 I-140 and initially got denied. After the MTR I got approved last week. Today I got the approval notice from my attorney which reads like this.
I would like to know if this is how regular 140 approval notice would look like since some of the highlighted words are confusing for me.
Does this mean I can/cannot file 485 when PD becomes current for me.?

Really appreciate if someone could share their approval notice wordings for I-140 EB2.

"The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. The information submitted with the application shows that the person for whom you are petitioning is not eligible to file an adjustment of status application at this time.

Additional information about eliginility for adjustment of status may be obtained from the local USCIS office serving the area where ther person for whom you are petitioning lives."

That's the standard wordings on the approval notice. Probably your PD is not current as of approval date. If your PD is current nothing stops you from submitting your I-485.

Last edited by a moderator: