I-140 Approval Time?

gc_chaiye

Registered Users (C)
All,

Pl. let me know how to check the status of I-140. At this time how many months is it taking for an I-140 application filed today to get approved?

Any info on this is appreciated.

Thanks

This is the question I put to Rajiv Khanna of Immigration.com

Hi Rajiv,

On your site immigration.com at the url :
http://immigration.com/processing-times/vt.html

This is what you have.
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E11 06.03.2002
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E12 06.06.2002
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E13 05.02.2003
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E21 09.18.2002
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E31, E32, EW3 10.08.2002

Which one of these would be valid for a I-140 case that has been filed in EB-3 category ?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This is the answer I got from his office :

What does E-11, E-12, E-13, E21, E-31, E-32, EW3 under the I-140 processing times mean? Are they related to EB1, EB2 and EB3 preference categories and how?

The categories listed below are related to preference categories.

A = E11 An alien of extraordinary ability

B = E12 An outstanding professor or Researcher

C = E13 A multinational executive or manager

D = E21 A member of the professions holding an advanced degree OR an alien of exceptional ability

E = E31, E32 A skilled worker (requiring at least two years of specialized training or experience) or professional

G = EW3 Any other worker (requiring less than two years of training or experience)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reply :

Thanks for your reply. If you could let me know, which category would I need to look under for finding out the I-140 application dates for EB3 category. I appreciate your giving me the other details that you have given below, but my only question is in regard to EB3 category I-140 date.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply from Rajiv Khanna's office :

E31,E32

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY QUESTION :

So I percieve from this that I-140 at this time from Vermont for an EB3 category case would have a priority date of 10.08.2002.
But I have heard of 2-3 people applying for I-140 in Jan 2003 and their case got approved in about 2-3 months, then how come I-140 is so slow in Vermont.

Pl. clarify. It would be a great help.

Thanks

Here are your answers:
A = E11 An alien of extraordinary ability = EB1 category 1 sub category
B = E12 An outstanding professor or Researcher = EB1 category 2 sub category
C = E13 A multinational executive or manager = EB1 category 3 sub category
D = E21 A member of the professions holding an advanced degree OR an alien of exceptional ability = EB2 category 1 sub category
E = E31, E32 A skilled worker (requiring at least two years of specialized training or experience) or professional = EB1 category 1 & 2 sub category

So in short:
EB11, EB12 and EB13 are EB1 categories
EB21 is a EB2 category
EB31 and EB32 are EB3 categories

Way to check I-140 status online click this link and enter your I-140 case number (EAC/ LIN number):
http://www.immigration.com/frame/BCIScasestatonlinefr.html

The 2-3 folks you are talking about mustve filed under EB13 or Nurses category since these are currently the fastest.

EB2 & EB3 are averaging 11-12 months of I-140 processing time at VSC.

Is the date 10.08.2002 mentioned in VSC processing time for E31 and E32 are Priority dates or I-140 filing date?? Can someone please clarify...

10/8/2002 is the date on I-140 receipt. The way to read these dates is for EB3 category, VSC is processing I-140 cases received by BCIS on or before 10/8/2002.

There is nothing like a priority date for I-140. The only date that matters in I-140 applciation is what is referred to as Receipt Date or some call it Notice Date. This is the date INS/ BCIS has acknowledged the receipt of your I-140 application.

New 4 month delay

Just logged on to the BCIS website, EB3 category is somehow pushed back by 4 months
Sad but true!!!:( :(

Why 4 months push back...i knew about 1 month audit in october....could provide link to the bcis web site you are talking about

EB3 Delay

When I logged on to the BCIS website for case status online, put in my receipt number, initially it would say : it's taking between 90 and 360 days, now it's displaying "between 90 and 485 days" how disgusting and frustrating to learn that! God only help us at this end!!!

processing times

I just checked the processing dates today at immigration and noticed that its now May-2002, is this really possible ?

rhino.