I-140 approval sent to consulate

consular

Hello Ciba, and all. My I-140 was approved on Jan 11 but it got sent to national visa center for consulate action processing. So my lawyer never received the original approval notice. However, I plan to apply for adjustment in the country. Will SC have trouble to find my case since it has determined it would be an consular action and sent the case to NC? What can I do? Any recommendation and help are highly welcome.

No Title

I have the same situation. What my laywer did is to go ahead with
AOS in the country and ignore CP.

No Title

You can still file adjustment of status at INS service center. I did the same thing. I may add about a month to your processing as Service center may request file to be sent back to them. But if you are applying to the same service center where your I140 was approved, then CAN (if they want to) work without file coming back to them. Either way your lawyer should get an approval notice of I140.

No Title

Hi there,
 My I-140 was approved recently.
 I want to file I-485 but my wife is out of U.S.A.
 My wife can\'t come to U.S.A before July-August 2001.
 Is there any way WE BOTH CAN FILE I-485?
 OR Alternatively, Is there any way I can file my I485 here in U.S.A and my wife\'s case transferred to the home country?
Any other ideas are welcome.

Please advice on this issue.

thanks in advance,
Rajan

No Title

I don\'t think she needs to be in Physically in US to file I485. She will have to send you her passport photos and finger print of her index finger if you want to apply for her work permit. I am assuming she already has a valid H4 visa stamp. Just make sure that you send her a copy of I485 before she returns. If she does not have a H4 then I will recommend getting it first. Best thing to do is to talk to your lawyer.

No Title

hey duki kindly dont post your stupid immiginations here.
to file for 485 the person has to be in US and will have
send a copy of I94 with the apllication

No Title

Mayil,

Learn to read message first. I said "I think it is possible" and I said "talk to your lawyer first". Most of us are amateurs giving free advise. I known some one who did it while her husband was in Canada. But maybe they didn\'t detach his I94.

No Title

Thank you very much, this gives me some reliefe. BTW, did you get the official 140 approval when you did your filing? Is a courtesy copy ok?

No Title

come on,these are important issues for concern person ,
even though we are amateurs should reply with some degree of responsibility and not just reply as we think and finally say
consult a lawyer.