I-140 approval notice says I-485 should be submitted to local INS office

azureicy

Registered Users (C)
MY status EB2(NIW),I-140 approval notice says I should file I485 to the local INS office, which is Jacksonville (Florida) office. Should I follow the instruction, or just send I-485 to Texas service center? It is time for me to file since I have waited long as most people from China and India. But I am afraid I am going to send my I-485 to the wrong place. Please help.

No Title

I have the same case (NIW, I140 approved) and the approval notice tells me to contact local INS office. I went to local INS office and they didn\'t even know what I am talking about. They just told me to get in touch with service center. I guess you have to educate these local offices.. anyway, my file is transferred to Madras consulate for consular processing...

No Title

Hi,

When was your I140 approved ? My I140 and a friend\'s I140 were approved recently, and it says the same thing. But as far as I know, all EB-485 should be filed in service center (TSC), and all family-based cases should be filed in local INS.

I guess they just printed the wrong information. In my 140 approval notice, it even says that you can not apply for AOS at this time. I called TSC. they said it was a mistake.

Take it easy and file 485 to TSC.

Ray

No Title

Ray,

My I-140 got approved on FEB-15 . When i check my message now its back to my orginal message saying your application has been recieved.
I didn\'t get my approval notice. How long will it take to get notice. Please tell me what to do?
Thanks,
V