I-140 approval notice never received

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 was found approved online. The online status message said that "A notice based on the approval or registration of this case has been directed sent to the recipient." However, neither my lawyer nor myself has received the approval notice even today. My lawyer called TSC customer service twice and was told that the case has been approved, and the approval notice was sent directly to me only. Which is unusual. My lawyer suggested me to file I824 for duplicate notice. It would take 2 years and cost $195 to get that notice.

My headaches are:

Does that worth it? By the time I get the approval notice, I probably already have my I485 processed.

Would this cause problem on my I485 application? Does anybody knows of I485 RFE requesting I140 approval notice? I heard one of my friend had I765 RFE requesting I140 approval notice a few years ago. If this happened to my I485 application, I could in serous trouble, right?

I am considering changing my job. If I use my EAD to get a new job will forfeit my H-1 visa. Based on the unprodictable nuture of INS, should I trust the approval of my I-140 as a fact and begin using my EAD?

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.

I-140 NIW TSC RD 12/17/02, AD 5/5/04 (online, notice never received), NO RFE
I-485 RD 4/7/03, pending. FP 6/19/03
last EAD, RD 4/7/03, AD 7/18/03. New EAD RD 5/17/04 pending

168 said:
My I-140 was found approved online. The online status message said that "A notice based on the approval or registration of this case has been directed sent to the recipient." However, neither my lawyer nor myself has received the approval notice even today. My lawyer called TSC customer service twice and was told that the case has been approved, and the approval notice was sent directly to me only. Which is unusual. My lawyer suggested me to file I824 for duplicate notice. It would take 2 years and cost $195 to get that notice.

My headaches are:

Does that worth it? By the time I get the approval notice, I probably already have my I485 processed.

Would this cause problem on my I485 application? Does anybody knows of I485 RFE requesting I140 approval notice? I heard one of my friend had I765 RFE requesting I140 approval notice a few years ago. If this happened to my I485 application, I could in serous trouble, right?

I am considering changing my job. If I use my EAD to get a new job will forfeit my H-1 visa. Based on the unprodictable nuture of INS, should I trust the approval of my I-140 as a fact and begin using my EAD?

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.

I-140 NIW TSC RD 12/17/02, AD 5/5/04 (online, notice never received), NO RFE
I-485 RD 4/7/03, pending. FP 6/19/03
last EAD, RD 4/7/03, AD 7/18/03. New EAD RD 5/17/04 pending
Try FOIA. People have reported that they got copy of 140 approval too.

Dude, I am in the same boat just as you. My I-140/I-485 N.D. is 07/22/2003 (TSC) and I-140 approval date is 11/17/2003. I haven't recieved the approval notice. I spoke to a USCIS rep, she suggested that I file I-824 which is pretty much useless since they take over 2 years to act on it and it costs $195 :mad:

unitednations

whats was ur original rfe ? why it got denied ? what did u do to reopen case and how different was ur new response from original one.

INS mistake cost me $400+.

I just received the approval notice from TSC. The approval date was 9/22/04. It turns out that the INS made a mistake on online status, and the customer service of INS gave us wrong approval confirmation. Because of their mistake, I filed I824 to request duplicate copy of my I-140 approval notice on 6/24/04, cost $195, and filed FOIA to search my records in INS, cost $200 of lawyer fee. adding the mailing cost, it cost me more than $400.
:mad: