I-140 approval exceeds 90 days. NVC not created case yet.

90 days after Approval date, if NVC has not received it yet, then call INS and inform them that it has not reached NVC and they will make arrangement for that. It's better to try through your attorney in such scenario.

My lawyer called the INS three weeks back and they said they will resend the approval notice to NVC. I called INS personally today and the INS person (who I spoke with) did not have information. All I was told is that they sent it to storage and will resend it to NVC and that I need to wait at least two months.

Its ridiculous, because if my I-140 were to approved today, it would probably reach the NVC faster than two months. Really really frustrating.

Guys,

I was in a similar situation - My file went to NVC and then was sent back to INS in Aug-02. INS kept denying that file is with them for 3 months. I finally wrote to local senator explaining him my case and requested his help. HIs office finally called and got thing sorted out with INS. File finally reached NVC in January - 03.

Just a thought - A letter to local senator may be of some help.

Good luck ,

\rahul07

Till date I have no idea why it was sent back .. My guess is some goofup at INS or NVC.

Good luck

\rahul07

File "on the wrong shelf"

I am in this situation too, 3 months after approval I got through on the phone to VSC (a miracle) (the lady was very friendly) , and after checking she told me that the file had been put on the "wrong shelf" and would now be processed properly. SOunded to me like a standard answer for a standard practice in leaving the files untouched for a few months in order to reduce workload at both ends - How practical !

Originally posted by cannon576
Finally, My case has reached NVC too. As I expected, INS had to disppear for my case to reach NVC.
AD 12/12/2002
NVC Case created date: 03/06/2003

I am planning to do it myself. so , i have to send a letter to NVC asking them remove attorney from my file.

Cannon576,

Did you send the letter regarding your own representation? If so, can you tell me to whom and where it has to be addressed? I'm doing my CP by myself.

Thanks

I sent a fax to NVC asking them to remove the attorney from my file. Then I called them the next day and confirmed it. Since I removed the attorney, they sent me DS-3032 form, which I need to fill stating that all the correspondence has to be sent to me (or you can choose another attorney). I just sent it back and must have reached on monday. Waiting for the fee bill now (might take 2 more weeks)

You can get NVC contact info here: http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html
>>>
Write to us at The National Visa Center, 32 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth NH 03801-2909, or fax it to 603-334-0791