I-140 applied on Dec 29, 2004 waiting for Receipt

njgc007

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My spouse has applied for I-140, 485, EAD on Dec 29, 2004 at VSC, but we have not received any receipts so far. Any body in the same boat? Please let us know..

How many days does it take normally to get EAD from Vermont?

Thanks
njgc007

Application received at VSC on Dec 28th. No receipts so far.
Beacuse of the rush, it is taking 4-8 weeks for the receipt notices.

raj_send said:
Application received at VSC on Dec 28th. No receipts so far.
Beacuse of the rush, it is taking 4-8 weeks for the receipt notices.

raj_send, how did u come to know that it is taking 4-8 weeks? Did you get a chance to talk with some body at VSC?

Thanks

VSC recd my application on the 28th Dec as per ther FedEx track, but no reciept yet. My lawyer wants to wait for another 2 weeks before he inquires.
Thanks,

Hold on guys it will come....

mine was recieved on Dec 28 and my notice was jan 11. recieved reciepts on Jan 18th. hold on and all will get the reciepts.

njgcoo7, lawyers office told me that because of the EB3 rush, it is taking 4-8 weeks for the receipt notices. I don't think they spoke to anyone at VSC.

Wanted to check with you guys, where was your application sent? Chicago or VSC? The front page of the USCIS portal says from December 1st, aplications must be mailed to Chicago. Mine was mailed to VSC. Anyone who mailed his papers to VSC (around the last week of Dec'04) and got a receipt without any probs?
Thanks,

One of my friend sent papers on Dec 29th 2004 and he received EAC #'s around 21st Jan 2005. But the funny thing is all checks cleared at the bank except 140. But still he received 140 receipt notice.

Andy_NJ said:
Wanted to check with you guys, where was your application sent? Chicago or VSC? The front page of the USCIS portal says from December 1st, aplications must be mailed to Chicago. Mine was mailed to VSC. Anyone who mailed his papers to VSC (around the last week of Dec'04) and got a receipt without any probs?
Thanks,

We have send all the application to VSC. I dont know if it is going to make any troubles.

I got this info from USCIS, The effective date they specified is Dec 01, 2004. So I think we are safe if they receive it by 30th Dec to any USCIS office. I dont know how it is going to affect the retrogression date, since it is the received date at the processing center

#########

What will happen to Form I-485, Form I-765, and Form I-131 covered by
this notice that are filed at other USCIS locations?

During the first 30 days following the effective date of this
notice, other USCIS offices will forward to the Chicago Lockbox address
any filings of Form I-485, Form I-765, and Form I-131 they receive that
are covered by this Notice. Applications forwarded from the other USCIS
offices will be considered properly filed when receipted at the
Lockbox.
After the 30-day transition period, any application-type mentioned
in this Notice, received at a location other than the Lockbox address
will be returned with an explanation directing the applicant to mail
the application directly to the Chicago Lockbox address for processing.

Receipt Notice.

Guys,
Check with your lawyer. I filed on 27, dec 2004, and got all my receipt on 14 jan....check again.

Reciept Notices from VSC

I got reciept notices from my lawyer today. My I-140/485 was sent to USCIS on Dec 28th.

RD 12/29/2004
ND 01/12/2005
LUD on 140/485/EAD/AP 01/17/2005

I sent my 140/485/EAD on Dec 29 th to VSC. fedex tracking showed received date of Dec 30th. Got my EACs on Jan 24 th.

Thanks

rvepra said:
I sent my 140/485/EAD on Dec 29 th to VSC. fedex tracking showed received date of Dec 30th. Got my EACs on Jan 24 th.

Thanks

Where did you send all the application of yours + Dependents? Vermont or Chicago?

Hi, The online status for my 140 and 485 say this:
Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on January 13, 2005.

Since I applied under EB3 category, I am worried that my application did not make it on time (before 31st Dec 2004) whereas my lawyer stated that the application reached the VSC on the 29th of December.

Is this date of Jan 13th,2005 necessarily the same day VSC would have receipted the case? I myself dont have a copy of the receipts yet. How good are the SC's at receipting the applications?

Any experiences/comments?

Thanks
Bored1

bored1 said:
Hi, The online status for my 140 and 485 say this:
Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on January 13, 2005.

Since I applied under EB3 category, I am worried that my application did not make it on time (before 31st Dec 2004) whereas my lawyer stated that the application reached the VSC on the 29th of December.

Is this date of Jan 13th,2005 necessarily the same day VSC would have receipted the case? I myself dont have a copy of the receipts yet. How good are the SC's at receipting the applications?

Any experiences/comments?

Thanks
Bored1

Bored1,

Don't worry. The date that you see on the case status is the Notice Date and not the receipt date. Its a bit misleading. When you get a copy of the receipts, I am sure it (your Receipt Date) will be 12/29/04 in your case.

Keep us posted when you receive the receipts.

To make you feel better: If your 485 application had not reached USCIS by 12/31/04, USCIS would not have accepted your application since you are EB3 (and if you are affected by EB3 retrogression).

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have received the receipts for all the applications today from the lawyer...The receipt date is Jan 20th 2005. VSC received all the application on 30th Dec 2004.