I-140 Applications in Security Check

snafu

Registered Users (C)
Its official.

My application in security check. My attorney had initiated an official inquiry in the month of August. He recieved a letter from USCIS stating that my application is in security check and they unable to provide an estimate of how long any one application may remain in the security check.

USCIS also goes on to say ".... whatever short-term impact these additional checks will have on processing will not interfere with the Administration's long-term goal of eliminating processing backlogs and meeting a six-month processing standard for all immigration benefit applications......"

So basically, I'm screwed :( :mad: :( :mad:

Lets start a thread to track all I-140 applications in security check.

Last edited by a moderator:
kishore143 said:
There is nothing to Track Snafu
We r all screwed

Kishore143,

I just want to know the number of applications under security check. Since we have no way of knowing when they will be cleared, by tracking these cases we will have a general idea of how long they take to process.

Looks like at this time they are not touching these cases. Qaiser's case is pending since Jan'03. There was another case pending since Nov'02.

Lets discuss other options.

I'm planning to apply for another labor and then apply for another I-140 using that. That is will be my backup in case the my I-140 is denied. I'm going to try and avoid NSC this time.

If others have a better option, please let us know.

I am waiting too

I am a Sep 2003 filer, still waiting for my I-140 approval because of security review.

It was interesting though to learn about the additional comments USCIS made.

security checks even after I-140 approval?

Hi,

I went to I-485 interview; the officer told me that they are waiting for security check clearance. I do not know what kind of check even after I-140 approvals.

Please any one on the same boat, post here.

Thanks
mka

Hi,

Feel very sorry to read about the unending security checks in your cases. It is an irony, on one hand the Congress is keeping a blind eye on those porous borders and trying to do everything possible to expedite in giving amnesty or legal (permanent) status to those illegals and on the other hand, having a deaf ear on our requests.

The so-called country of freedom and fairness, wrongly believes that it is not going to gain more from the already tax-paying & law-abiding professionals so let they be pushed back (retrogressed) and bring the illegals in the front.

Just my best wishes for now.

DIGS
EB3, India
140 RD Apr04
140 RFE Aug.05

I am also stuck in the security review.My office did make an inquiry but didnt get an answer till this day. The senator's office is also following my case and they did receive an reply from the uscis that mine is stuck in security review.

I did a senator enquiry in August and got to know that mine is stuck in security review as well.. does any one knows what triggers this security check in I-140 stage? My senator gave the same reply that there is no timeframe for this and it may take anywhere from couple of weeks to couple of years to get a clearence.

I did not know there is a security check needed for 140 as well? Is this new? I thought all that was part of 485 and not 140

Here's what USCIS says..

dcmetro22042 said:
I did not know there is a security check needed for 140 as well? Is this new? I thought all that was part of 485 and not 140
Dear Sir or Madam:

LIN 04 056 xxxxx is currently in the security check that all applications must clear. We are unable to provide an estimate of how long any one application may remain in the security check.
Security Checks of Immigration Benefit Applications
In processing applications for immigration benefits, the Immigration and Naturalization Service is making national security our top priority. USCIS has added security checks to the processing of all applications to help ensure that those who receive immigration benefits have come to join the American people in building a better society and do not harm them. But whatever short-term impact these additional checks will have on processing will not interfere with the Administration's long-term goal of eliminating processing backlogs and meeting a six-month processing standard for all immigration benefit applications. The employees of USCIS are committed to address our nation's security needs while also maintaining our country's openness to those who seek the freedom and opportunity that the United States has to offer.

Case status inquiry can be obtained by calling the National Customer Service Center at .....

This implies that all apllications do go through the internal security check.

snafu,

you are right. ALL applications go thru security check, my case is a perfect example.

- I-140 pending since Sep 2003

- EAD renewal pending Aug 2004, got 2 interim EAD's. Local CIS office said they won't give the third one. As per their advice, applied for a fresh EAD again(sent application to NSC)

- H1b 7th year extn pending since Dec 2004. My company said, they are going to apply for 8th year extn next month. Eventhough it has been pending, our company lawyer says, it would expire this Dec, hence applying for another extn.

This is crazy - isn't it ??. Well, for now, I will wait, there is no other option.

However, why do some applications get stuck with this clearance while others get approval in less than a month. Gotta be a reason, right? or is it random?

dcmetro,

I agree with you. It is random. It all comes down to being "unfair".

I personally think the comments USCIS provided in the letter sent to snafu were kind of rude. It sounded like "we can do whatever we want".

I140 Security Check

I got my I140 in Security Check on 02/19/2006 is their some one got their security Check cleared How they were notified once cleared.

I spoke to my Sentaor office this week and they are going to put another inquery next week after 90 day of first inquery

Hi Guys,

My I-140 is pending since Jun 03. VSC. EB3. Made many inquiries no success. I think it is also stuck in Security check.

I would like to know if I-140 premium process becomes available, is thr any hope from this. we can get our I-140 Clear. Any thoughts.

sanju_y678 said:
Hi Guys,

My I-140 is pending since Jun 03. VSC. EB3. Made many inquiries no success. I think it is also stuck in Security check.

I would like to know if I-140 premium process becomes available, is thr any hope from this. we can get our I-140 Clear. Any thoughts.

My lawyer said thats an option we could pursue.