I-140 application receipt

Ganesh1234

First of all, my lawyer said he filed my I-140 around July 25. Today, I asked him the USCIS receipt #, and he said he hasn't received it yet because there's been a backlog or something at Nebraska Center. He was not quite sure why he didn't received it. He has already delyed my petition by 4 or 5 months after the labor approval. How can it be possible that he's not received the application receipt in a month? Does it take that long to get the receipt? Has anyone filed I-140 recently and having the same problem at NE center? My guess is that my lawyer has not applied I-140 yet... Should I be skeptical about him?
:confused:

Ganesh1234 said:
First of all, my lawyer said he filed my I-140 around July 25. Today, I asked him the USCIS receipt #, and he said he hasn't received it yet because there's been a backlog or something at Nebraska Center. He was not quite sure why he didn't received it. He has already delyed my petition by 4 or 5 months after the labor approval. How can it be possible that he's not received the application receipt in a month? Does it take that long to get the receipt? Has anyone filed I-140 recently and having the same problem at NE center? My guess is that my lawyer has not applied I-140 yet... Should I be skeptical about him?
:confused:

I got my receipt in a week time from NSC after I filed I-140 (EB-1A). Another guy in this forum filed his EB-1A I-140 in the first week of Aug. 2006 and got his receipt notice from NSC. Ask your attorney the fedex tracking number. so that youwill know whether you package has reached NSC or not. did you send your personal check to USCIS or your attorney sent it (i mean filing fee). If check has been encashed then you will know that your application is there with them. Keep bugging your attorney.

Thanks for your response. Now, I remember my lawyer said something like he sent the check along with the application, which hasn't been cashed yet. He has asked me to wait until September first week. If he's still unable to give me the receipt information, then he has been lying to me-- all along.

Ganesh1234 said:
Thanks for your response. Now, I remember my lawyer said something like he sent the check along with the application, which hasn't been cashed yet. He has asked me to wait until September first week. If he's still unable to give me the receipt information, then he has been lying to me-- all along.

If you don't believe your attorney ask him to send the copy of the check that he sent alongwith your petition. If he can able to give the copy then you can rely on him. Otherwise he is still lying to you. How much you paid to your attorney? how was the dealing with him right from beginning?

Ganesh,

Wait until what your lawyer says and then ask him again. If you are skeptical about your lawyer, you better find a new lawyer or employer whichever is possible. Until we get the GC time is very crucial.

I got the receipt notice within a week. they encashed the check the next day of receipt. could not belive.

so check with your lawyer. or call the sevice center with the Fedex or postal delivery information.