I-140 and H-1 Processing - Any Relation?

EAC04

Registered Users (C)
I was wondering if there is any relation between H-1B and I-140 processing at VSC, in that the same team of people might be reviewing both.

For people who were checking this forum back in April, we saw an acceleration in I-140 processing as soon as the 2004 H-1B quota was exhausted at that time.

If this is the case, then I-140 processing should pick up now that the 2005 H-1B quota has been exhausted.

Any thoughts?

EAC04 said:
I was wondering if there is any relation between H-1B and I-140 processing at VSC, in that the same team of people might be reviewing both.

For people who were checking this forum back in April, we saw an acceleration in I-140 processing as soon as the 2004 H-1B quota was exhausted at that time.

If this is the case, then I-140 processing should pick up now that the 2005 H-1B quota has been exhausted.

Any thoughts?

There is nothing in relation to both processing as both processings are totally independent.

I have seen folks who have got their 7th year H1B extensions approved in Vermont after they got their 485 approvals.

Its just a speculation that once H1B processing is over, we might get 140 approvals going on.

Just need to keep our fingers crossed!!

Processing of H1 not stopped

They have not stopped processing the applications. They just stopped recieving the applications. So, it probably does not matter at this time.