I-140 after BEC: How, what, when, where ...

Can anyone answer my query? Thankyou in advance

Can anyone answer my query? Thankyou in advance

My traditional Labor got recently approved and my company is filing I-140 in EB2 category. One of the skillset I had shown in my approved LC was Perl and Java scripting which was taught to us as part of MIS coursework. However, I don't have formal certification or course syllabus stating that I have some knowledge of Perl/Java scripting. Is this documentation really neccessary to file I-140 or can my employer file without the specifics? The issue is that the MIS course which I took earlier is all changed in the Univ. So I cannot provide any substantial information. Please advise. What are my options...

eaky,

I am in the same boat. I am scheduled for biometrics but no other response from NSC. I was wondering if anyone has received EAD/AP recently from NSC. Honestly, that's all I care for right now. Off course, I want the GC ultimately but those 2 documents provide considerable freedom compared to H1 status.

Does anyone in this thread get any update beside biometrix?
Any approval for I-140 regular (not premium)?
Any approval for I-485?
So far it has been a silent for this thread.
The reason I ask is because we should file the case almost at the same time but so little feedback. Maybe there is no movement after all.
After BEC blackhole, now this.

Same here. My husbands labor got approved about a month ago. Message from my lawyer and from my husbands HR. BEC site still says "in process".
Haven't received anything in the mail. So not sure whta's going on.

I just learned that my I-140 got approved back in November (lawyer); however, the USCIS site still shows "received and pending" (?). I'll take my lawyer's word. He's going ahead and filing for I-485, since the EB3 rest of the world jumped one year for May 2007.

Online Case Status issue

I wouldn't worry as long as I-140 got approved based on the same LC. What's your employer's attorney's view?

Manwithnoname,
I got the same answer from the Employer as well as Attorney. They said that we need not worry as long as we have the original approved lc.

thanks,

Thyramax thanks for the information.i have one more question regarding experience letter .will couple of experience letter from ex-colleagues would help.has anybody filed I-140 with the colleagues letter.any information is greatly appreciated.

it depends actually. If your labor is based on the previous companies experience, then you would defnitely need the relieving letter, experience letter and last two to four pay stubs from the old company. You may also need the offer letter of the new company.

As always, Offer letter, Relieving letter, Experience letter and last pay stubs are very important. You never know when you will need them.

So no matter what, either PP or normal, if you are going to show your prev companies experience, and if you have not submitted the necessary documents, you will get an RFE.

Hey, what everdocuments I am throwing up here are strong supporting documents. There could be many cases that might have been approved without the above documents. But listen, it all depends on luck and time. Any legal thing, I would not take a risk.

Also, I am not a lawyer, these are all the experience that I got/gained from forums like this. So you are better of consulting an immigration Attorney, who may have alternate solutions.

Hi Everybody
I Have A Question What Is The Time Frame To File For I-140
My Lc Was Certified On 3-19-2007 Till Now My Attorney Don't Cooperate Never Need Help From Law Office Now The My Lc Is Certified Still Waiting To Fill Up I-140 And He Want Another Thousand He Said Hes Goint To Dig On Another Cases On Uscis

Hi Everybody
My Lc Was Certified On 3-19-2007 Till Now My Attorney Don't Cooperate Never Need Help From Law Office Now The My Lc Is Certified Still Waiting To Fill Up I-140 And He Want Another Thousand He Said Hes Goint To Dig On Another Cases On Uscis

I dont know of any time limit between LC approval and I-140 filing.

Hi Everybody

i apologise, but your way of writing english is not clear. please try to write better english in order for people here to understand your issue and be able to guide you.

H4 -> EAD: Questions

So after years and years of waiting for the much coveted EAD (forget GC... that's still far) it looks like we might get our EAD in the next few days/weeks.

My wife has been on H4 all these years and she would (obviously) like to start working once she gets the EAD. Can experienced ppl on this forum answer the following questions for me:

1. Does she need to apply for SSN before she starts applying for jobs?
2. Is she eligible for any job - fulltime/part-time?
3. If she quits her job/gets laid off after a few months, what is her status?
4. What is the impact on her non-immigrant H4 status once she uses the EAD?
5. Does she need to have AP in order to travel internationally once she uses the EAD?
6. Does her using the EAD alter my non-immigrant H1 status in any way?

Thanks

So after years and years of waiting for the much coveted EAD (forget GC... that's still far) it looks like we might get our EAD in the next few days/weeks.

My wife has been on H4 all these years and she would (obviously) like to start working once she gets the EAD. Can experienced ppl on this forum answer the following questions for me:

1. Does she need to apply for SSN before she starts applying for jobs?
2. Is she eligible for any job - fulltime/part-time?
3. If she quits her job/gets laid off after a few months, what is her status?
4. What is the impact on her non-immigrant H4 status once she uses the EAD?
5. Does she need to have AP in order to travel internationally once she uses the EAD?
6. Does her using the EAD alter my non-immigrant H1 status in any way?

Thanks

Please take a look at the following FAQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i get my I-140APPROVED can i apply for EAD immediately.OR is there any time frame.my PD IS 07/2004.waiting for a reply thanks in advance.

when i get my I-140APPROVED can i apply for EAD immediately.OR is there any time frame.my PD IS 07/2004.waiting for a reply thanks in advance.

EAD is not associated with I-140. Once you are eligible to file I-485 (assuming you didn't filed already), you can apply for EAD together. Please read here to determine whether you can file I-485 or not.

Couple of questions regarding 140 and 485

Friends,
I am just glad to find this thread!
I do have a couple of questions. Could some one please help me out.

Here is my situation.
My Labor just got approved. I am from India and my pd is sept 17, 2001.
My questions are:
1. Can I file 140 and 485 concurrently?
2. If not can I just file 140 and prepare all the things necessary for 485 including medical in advance so when it becomes current i can file 485? This is assuming that there will be a progress in visa numbers in the next couple of months.

Your valuable comments or suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks

EB2 or EB3?

Depends whether your case is EB2 or EB3. If you are EB2-India, you should be able to file both 140 & 485. For EB3-India, you can file 140 but you won't be able to file 485, since visa dates for EB3-India with your PD is not current yet.

Friends,
I am just glad to find this thread!
I do have a couple of questions. Could some one please help me out.

Here is my situation.
My Labor just got approved. I am from India and my pd is sept 17, 2001.
My questions are:
1. Can I file 140 and 485 concurrently?
2. If not can I just file 140 and prepare all the things necessary for 485 including medical in advance so when it becomes current i can file 485? This is assuming that there will be a progress in visa numbers in the next couple of months.

Your valuable comments or suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks

Are there people here who have been in the 1-140 queue for a while now? Do you see the queue getting slower as more and more ppl are getting out of the BEC logjam? Are you guys going with premium?

Since, I started this thread back in 2006, my case has been moving slowly. I wanted to share some good news with fellow sufferers who have gotten out of the PBEC mess. We finally received our EAD and are hoping to receive AP soon.

Now, the next big step is getting the 140 approved and that is at least 6 months away. I hear there is a lot of scrutiny in NSC so let's how that goes .... hopefully I will be able to get out of this process by end of 2007 ;)

question on e-filing

Gurus -

what is the difference between E-Filing a I-140 petition ( with documents in mail ) and normal paper based filing ?

My premium I-140 was sent to the Texas Service Center directly as per the lawyers. So I am assuming they have e-filed. Is this correct ?

In case it is not e-filed, and was sent to texas service center, will the application be returned to the attorneys ?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gurus -

what is the difference between E-Filing a I-140 petition ( with documents in mail ) and normal paper based filing ?

My premium I-140 was sent to the Texas Service Center directly as per the lawyers. So I am assuming they have e-filed. Is this correct ?

In case it is not e-filed, and was sent to texas service center, will the application be returned to the attorneys ?

Thank you.

E-filing and paper filing are same, it is the receipt notice that indicates the service center where your case is processed.

filing i-140 when h1b is in renewal

Labor case shows as certified on the website.

I have my h1b 7th year renewal in process, can I apply for the I-140 while h1 is still pending in renewal ?

All the three parties (employer,attorney and myself) moved since the filing of the labor. Attorney has submitted g-28 indicating the change of address. Is it acceptable to file the I-140 without the original certificate while h1b is in renewal ?

Is it worth to file I-140 in premium, given the pd is mar'04 and EB3 ?

And do we have to file I-140 with in 45 days from date of certification ?

Thanks a lot in advance.