I-140 after BEC: How, what, when, where ...

Hi
my labor got approved after a longwait.i have a quetion on I-140 premium processing.i dont have an experience letter from my previous employer(for4 yrs) .Is it risky to apply thru pp or should i do normal processing.any info regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Please Check Your PM-box

thyramax,

I had sent a message to you, please check your private message box.

Like I said in my initial message, CompA (the one on whose pay-roll I was on) was acquired by another consulting shop (Hallkinion), which in turn got acquired by yet another big consulting company (KForce). I had called up KForce's office to see any one from original CompA is still around, so far no luck yet. Given the Size of KForce, I was not surprised.

Looks like I have some work cut out to get this sorted out.

Thanks for taking your time to respond in detail.

Fella, Some of the companies will give the experience letter stating only the Designation and time periiod. They dont provide job duties or skill set. In this case, get a Affidavit from your Former Manager or Collegue, stating the positions held with description about job duties and tech skills. Pls make sure that the document is signed by the manager and is notorized. Submit this document in Original along with your CompA experience letter. USCIS will not accept the copy. you will have to submit in Original. You should be good enough.

Try to get this Affidavit from your Manager (strong support) than your colleague (weak support). It does not matter where your former manager works now. As long as they are holding a position with "Manager" in their designation either then or now, is more than enough.

This affidavit need not be in COMPA's letter head. Plain paper is enough. If in Company letter head, then it is a bonus.

shoot me a pm with your email if you need a format for the affidavit.

Question on Priority Date and cut-off date being the same!

Hi AlL,

After a 4 1/2 year wait my labor finally got approved.
My priority date however is the exact same day as the cut-off day for my category.

When I read the details about this on the various websites, it clearly says priority date has to be BEFORE the cut-off date. However when I contacted my lawyers, they said I a eligible.

But some bulletin boards have scared me saying the priority date being incorrect can result in rejection of 485 at a very late stage also.

Can someone please throw more light on this situation.

Thanks!

similar situation

Thyramax, Even I am in a similar situation. I am in the process of getting an experience letter from one of my previous client companies saying I worked at the site as a contractor from the company I was on payroll with, does this letter has to be notorized for sure? Thanks.

Fella, Some of the companies will give the experience letter stating only the Designation and time periiod. They dont provide job duties or skill set. In this case, get a Affidavit from your Former Manager or Collegue, stating the positions held with description about job duties and tech skills. Pls make sure that the document is signed by the manager and is notorized. Submit this document in Original along with your CompA experience letter. USCIS will not accept the copy. you will have to submit in Original. You should be good enough.

Try to get this Affidavit from your Manager (strong support) than your colleague (weak support). It does not matter where your former manager works now. As long as they are holding a position with "Manager" in their designation either then or now, is more than enough.

This affidavit need not be in COMPA's letter head. Plain paper is enough. If in Company letter head, then it is a bonus.

shoot me a pm with your email if you need a format for the affidavit.

similar case

Sumanthj,

I have similar case. My lawyer changed his location and original labor approval copy was not forwarded to new location. We are waiting for original after faxing a request to BEC, assuming original was returned to BEC. Its being more than 2 months and we are still waiting for the same.

I want to do PP if we recieve the original. Do you think, we should wait any further or go ahead and apply and ask USCIS to request a copy from DOL.

Did you get any response for your phone calls to BEC? my email is arsuv1@yahoo.com.

I will appreciate your reply.

Thanx.

Even after two months, I still haven't received my original labor approval papers. My lawyer told that I don't have to wait for original labor papers and so we applied for I-140 with premium processing.

Even after 15 calendar days from the receipt date, I haven't heard anything or saw a change in online case status. Based on my own research and on the information from Internet, I understood that as my case now involve USCIS to request a copy of my labor approval from DOL, So my I-140 is not eligible for premium processing.

Anyone in similar situation?

Notorizing make it authentic . As the other person is doing it under Oath, USCIS will have to treat the document as legitimate and authentic.

Also , this will make the USCIS to go behind every one: you, your supervisor , if the document is fabricated.

Do this only if whatever you state under the experience letter is nothing but facts.

Thyramax, Even I am in a similar situation. I am in the process of getting an experience letter from one of my previous client companies saying I worked at the site as a contractor from the company I was on payroll with, does this letter has to be notorized for sure? Thanks.

From what I know, it is less than the cut off date.

Hi AlL,

After a 4 1/2 year wait my labor finally got approved.
My priority date however is the exact same day as the cut-off day for my category.

When I read the details about this on the various websites, it clearly says priority date has to be BEFORE the cut-off date. However when I contacted my lawyers, they said I a eligible.

But some bulletin boards have scared me saying the priority date being incorrect can result in rejection of 485 at a very late stage also.

Can someone please throw more light on this situation.

Thanks!

Education Certifications for I-140

My traditional Labor got recently approved and my company is filing I-140 in EB2 category. One of the skill sets I had shown in my approved LC was Perl and Java scripting which was taught to us as part of MIS coursework. However, I don't have formal certification or course syllabus stating that I have some knowledge of Perl/Java scripting. Is this documentation really neccessary to file I-140 or can my employer file without the specifics? The issue is that the MIS course which I took earlier is all changed in the Univ. So I cannot provide any substantial information. Please advise.

it depends actually. If your labor is based on the previous companies experience, then you would defnitely need the relieving letter, experience letter and last two to four pay stubs from the old company. You may also need the offer letter of the new company.

As always, Offer letter, Relieving letter, Experience letter and last pay stubs are very important. You never know when you will need them.

So no matter what, either PP or normal, if you are going to show your prev companies experience, and if you have not submitted the necessary documents, you will get an RFE.

Hey, what everdocuments I am throwing up here are strong supporting documents. There could be many cases that might have been approved without the above documents. But listen, it all depends on luck and time. Any legal thing, I would not take a risk.

Also, I am not a lawyer, these are all the experience that I got/gained from forums like this. So you are better of consulting an immigration Attorney, who may have alternate solutions.

Hi
my labor got approved after a longwait.i have a quetion on I-140 premium processing.i dont have an experience letter from my previous employer(for4 yrs) .Is it risky to apply thru pp or should i do normal processing.any info regarding this is greatly appreciated.

dkumar341,

What I heard from lawyer is you have to have USCIS initiate the request to DOL for duplicate LC.There is no way to know when this will happen. So my I-140 case was switched from premium to regular processing. I have no choice other then wait & see.

In your case, I would go ahead & apply I-140 regular processing with screenshot of labor approval. Whenever you receive original labor, you can upgrade at that time to PP.

Good luck
- Sumanth

Sumanthj,

I have similar case. My lawyer changed his location and original labor approval copy was not forwarded to new location. We are waiting for original after faxing a request to BEC, assuming original was returned to BEC. Its being more than 2 months and we are still waiting for the same.

I want to do PP if we recieve the original. Do you think, we should wait any further or go ahead and apply and ask USCIS to request a copy from DOL.

Did you get any response for your phone calls to BEC? my email is arsuv1@yahoo.com.

I will appreciate your reply.

Thanx.

anyone get any new update?

Does anyone in this thread get any update beside biometrix?
Any approval for I-140 regular (not premium)?
Any approval for I-485?
So far it has been a silent for this thread.
The reason I ask is because we should file the case almost at the same time but so little feedback. Maybe there is no movement after all.
After BEC blackhole, now this.

BacklogCenter On-line Status for LABOR - 'DENIED'

Hi,
I got my labor approved in Jan'07 and got I-140 in Feb'07 by PP , based on that I have applied for 3yrs h1.
Couple of days ago, accidentally I observed that my online case status was changed to "DENIED". Anybody is in similar situation ? Should we worry about it ?
Please advise.

regards

Folks,
I have great news, after 6 years of blood, sweat & tears my LC got certfied and online status shows CERTIFIED on as of 04/13/07. Still waiting for paper work in the mail.

Several questions on my mind, maybe someone could shed some light:

1) My Labor PD is 03/13/2001
can I file I 140 and I 485 concurrently?

2) Is it possible to file Premiun processing for I-140?

3) Do I need to choose between Concurrent filings and Premium filing for I-480? If yes then which one is faster?

4) Since my PD is 03/13/2001 do I need to wait for a visa number to be available before I can file I485? If yes then how long do I need to wait for the visa number?

Thanks eveyone and anyone who can provide an insight to the above questoins!

PD: 03/13/2001
Certified: 04/13/07 (Online status)
Still wating for paperwork!

Hi,
I got my labor approved in Jan'07 and got I-140 in Feb'07 by PP , based on that I have applied for 3yrs h1.
Couple of days ago, accidentally I observed that my online case status was changed to "DENIED". Anybody is in similar situation ? Should we worry about it ?
Please advise.

regards

I wouldn't worry as long as I-140 got approved based on the same LC. What's your employer's attorney's view?

Folks,
I have great news, after 6 years of blood, sweat & tears my LC got certfied and online status shows CERTIFIED on as of 04/13/07. Still waiting for paper work in the mail.

Several questions on my mind, maybe someone could shed some light:

1) My Labor PD is 03/13/2001
can I file I 140 and I 485 concurrently?

2) Is it possible to file Premiun processing for I-140?

3) Do I need to choose between Concurrent filings and Premium filing for I-480? If yes then which one is faster?

4) Since my PD is 03/13/2001 do I need to wait for a visa number to be available before I can file I485? If yes then how long do I need to wait for the visa number?

Thanks eveyone and anyone who can provide an insight to the above questoins!

PD: 03/13/2001
Certified: 04/13/07 (Online status)
Still wating for paperwork!

Congrats on your LC!! That's a long wait ... yes you are all set to file I-140 and I-485 (irrespective of EB category and your country of origin). Also, you may opt for filing I-140 under premium processing. For the moment wait for the LC document.

Congrats on your LC!! That's a long wait ... yes you are all set to file I-140 and I-485 (irrespective of EB category and your country of origin). Also, you may opt for filing I-140 under premium processing. For the moment wait for the LC document.

Thanks for the response.
1)I need some clarification Since MY PD is 03/2001 does that mean I do not need to wait for a visa from the state b4 I File for I485?

2)l if I choose to file concurrent I140& I485 and opt for premium processing for I140 then how long before I get a EAD & how long do you think I need to wait for the GC?

Thanks again for your response.

Charlesmighty
Labor PD:03/13/2001
Online approval:04/13/2007
LC Hard Copy: Still waiting!

I just learned that my I-140 got approved back in November (lawyer); however, the USCIS site still shows "received and pending" (?). I'll take my lawyer's word. He's going ahead and filing for I-485, since the EB3 rest of the world jumped one year for May 2007.