I-140 after BEC: How, what, when, where ...

Hi Everybody Is Me Again I Need Some Advise
If I File Pp Do I Have To Pay 1000 For Each Person Just My Wife And I
Make Two Thousand Or Just 1000 For Application
Need Help Thank You >manwithnoname>

SOS..!

My PD is 04/2002 ROW, which is current right now. My lawyer "MAILED" my concurrent case with I-140 PP on 03/23/07 thru DHL. I am in Texas and for PP I attached my personal check for $1000.00

I have not heard any thing so far.

1) Which Service Center will be processing my case?
2) How long it takes to hear something from them?
3) From now on, will they be communicating with me or with my Lawyer only?

Will appreciate your comments.

SOS..!

My PD is 04/2002 ROW, which is current right now. My lawyer "MAILED" my concurrent case with I-140 PP on 03/23/07 thru DHL. I am in Texas and for PP I attached my personal check for $1000.00

1. It can be either TSC or NSC. But you have to file at NSC.
2. For I-140 PP case, you should hear within 15 calender day.
3. All I know that I-140 is for your employer. Once you get the case number you may track the case progress at the case status website.

Hi Everybody Is Me Again I Need Some Advise
If I File Pp Do I Have To Pay 1000 For Each Person Just My Wife And I
Make Two Thousand Or Just 1000 For Application
Need Help Thank You >manwithnoname>

You still pay one grand only even if you include your family members as dependant.

Thanks manwithnoname,

I just came to know that my I-140 is approved. I also filed my 485 concurrently.
My question is that now as my I-140 is approved, will they send the approval notice to my lawyer and then he will send it to service center/department who is processing 485, for further process or now it is between I-140 and 485 department?

Premium Processing fee returned

My attorney received the premium processing fee back on Friday from USCIS stating that because they have to request a copy of LC from DOL they can not premium process.

Original LC was never received by either the Company or Attorney. Based on the below PERM FAQ link, I'm assuming that (eventhough mine is not PERM case) I will receive an RFE notice once USCIS receive duplicate certificate from DOL and may be at time of replying to RFE, I will upgrade my case to premium processing by submitting Form I-907.

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/pdf/perm_faqs_3-20-06.pdf

You are still eligible for Premium Processing. Although PP implies processing within 15 days (the same time-frame holds for an RFE response), your case is different. The request to BEC will be send within 15 days, but a second 15 day clock will start once BEC responds with the LC. Much depends on how soon BEC responds.

Priority Date

SOS..!

Whats the PD for EB3? Isnt it 8th May 2001? So how come your's is current? What country are you from?

Sumanthj

Did USCIS tell you when they will initiate the request to DOL? or Did your lawyer have any way to check it?
I am considering to follow your pace here.

-k

My attorney received the premium processing fee back on Friday from USCIS stating that because they have to request a copy of LC from DOL they can not premium process.

Original LC was never received by either the Company or Attorney. Based on the below PERM FAQ link, I'm assuming that (eventhough mine is not PERM case) I will receive an RFE notice once USCIS receive duplicate certificate from DOL and may be at time of replying to RFE, I will upgrade my case to premium processing by submitting Form I-907.

Experience Letters for I-140 filing

Folks,

I am getting ready to file I-140 soon. For the experience reference letters I have a question, which I thought would post here and get your opinion.

I had worked for a consulting company on H1 (CompA), at their client (CompB) location as a consultant for about a year. After which I took a fulltime job with the client (CompB). For the duration that I worked for consulting company, I have the experience letter issued with stating start date, end date, designation. It does not list out the detailed job duties, as in technologies used, what I did and such.

For the duration (2001 to 2002, about 1.5 years) that I worked with CompB as fulltime employee, I have a detailed experience letter with designation, dates, and responsibilities and other details, issued from CompB’s HR Department in mid 2006. Meanwhile in 2004 CompA was acquired by another consulting shop, which in turn got bought over by yet another big consulting company. Given all these I don’t have any contact info of anyone that worked for CompA, who is still working with the subsequent beneficiary companies to get a detailed reference letter.

To make up for the lack of detailed job responsibilities in CompA’s experience letter, I had got a reference letter issued by CompB’s HR, for the duration that I worked as consultant with them, stating job responsibilities and dates that I worked as consultant for them through CompA. This is separate from the experience letter for the fulltime duration with CompB.

Now is this good enough or do I still need to pursue the path of getting hold of someone that worked for CompA, or is currently working with subsequent beneficiary of CompA and get a detailed experience letter?

Any suggestions, or links to other posts and threads here will be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

My wife's substitution I140 just got approved today. I'm also the beneficiary on this case. I think we are current since we are from rest of the world and the original LC was filed in 2001. What is the the next step/thread to getting the Advance Parol/Work permit. I would appreciate your responses.

Thanks

Please ignore my signature which refers to MY pending LC at DOL.

:) :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
appointment

Anybody here know what docs to take for a biometric exam?

Base on my experience, they will send you biometric appointment. All the detail will be given about time, place. Better make sure you go there on time and try not to miss it. Rescheduling will take another month comparing with before. Normally it take around one month to get biometric notice.

Hello all,

My wife's substitution I140 just got approved today. I'm also the beneficiary on this case. I think we are current since we are from rest of the world and the original LC was filed in 2001. What is the the next step/thread to getting the Advance Parol/Work permit. I would appreciate your responses.

Thanks

Please ignore my signature which refers to MY pending LC at DOL.

:) :confused:

You need to file I-485 along with advance parole and EAD. Please read here for details.

Lesson #1 - no Premium Processing for I-140 with request for duplicate LC.

Without Original LC - Don't apply I-140 PP

Kahada,
My lawyer said there is no way to check the status other than sit & wait. USCIS also doesn't tell you when they will inititate the duplicate LC request to DOL. I guess they will initiate the request when they get to my application. Currently TSC is processing Sep 2006, so I will have to wait atleast 6 months. My lawyer said we will try to request premium processing upgrade after 3-4 months and see if they will accept our request. That's one way to find whether USCIS received duplicate LC or not by that time from DOL.

Manwithnoname,
Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend anyone applying for I-140 PP without original LC. We learned our lesson.

Sumanthj

Did USCIS tell you when they will initiate the request to DOL? or Did your lawyer have any way to check it?
I am considering to follow your pace here.

-k

eaky,

Thanks for the advice. We definitely don't want to miss it. I just wanted to know if I need to take my PP, H1 approval notice etc also to the appointment? The notice has asked us to come with the notice and DL.

BTW, have you recived EAD/AP. I filed my forms on 02/12 and was wondeing how much longer. Like they say the last leg of the journey is the hardest if its a marathon :)

Base on my experience, they will send you biometric appointment. All the detail will be given about time, place. Better make sure you go there on time and try not to miss it. Rescheduling will take another month comparing with before. Normally it take around one month to get biometric notice.

Advance Parole / EAD question

Hi,

My company lawyer is preparing I-140, I-485, AP & EAD docs for concurrent filing. Are the EAD & AP issued only after the approval of I-140?

Please let me know

Thanks
2002NJ-NonRIR

Hi All,

We are in preparation of I-140, I-485 and all other forms for submission.

I have a question. How do USCIS decide on finger printing(Bio graphic INFO) i.e based on my home address or based on companies address?

Thanks in Advance?

LC PD: 11-Dec-2002
Certified: 01-Mar-2007

Fella, Some of the companies will give the experience letter stating only the Designation and time periiod. They dont provide job duties or skill set. In this case, get a Affidavit from your Former Manager or Collegue, stating the positions held with description about job duties and tech skills. Pls make sure that the document is signed by the manager and is notorized. Submit this document in Original along with your CompA experience letter. USCIS will not accept the copy. you will have to submit in Original. You should be good enough.

Try to get this Affidavit from your Manager (strong support) than your colleague (weak support). It does not matter where your former manager works now. As long as they are holding a position with "Manager" in their designation either then or now, is more than enough.

This affidavit need not be in COMPA's letter head. Plain paper is enough. If in Company letter head, then it is a bonus.

shoot me a pm with your email if you need a format for the affidavit.

Folks,

I am getting ready to file I-140 soon. For the experience reference letters I have a question, which I thought would post here and get your opinion.

I had worked for a consulting company on H1 (CompA), at their client (CompB) location as a consultant for about a year. After which I took a fulltime job with the client (CompB). For the duration that I worked for consulting company, I have the experience letter issued with stating start date, end date, designation. It does not list out the detailed job duties, as in technologies used, what I did and such.

For the duration (2001 to 2002, about 1.5 years) that I worked with CompB as fulltime employee, I have a detailed experience letter with designation, dates, and responsibilities and other details, issued from CompB’s HR Department in mid 2006. Meanwhile in 2004 CompA was acquired by another consulting shop, which in turn got bought over by yet another big consulting company. Given all these I don’t have any contact info of anyone that worked for CompA, who is still working with the subsequent beneficiary companies to get a detailed reference letter.

To make up for the lack of detailed job responsibilities in CompA’s experience letter, I had got a reference letter issued by CompB’s HR, for the duration that I worked as consultant with them, stating job responsibilities and dates that I worked as consultant for them through CompA. This is separate from the experience letter for the fulltime duration with CompB.

Now is this good enough or do I still need to pursue the path of getting hold of someone that worked for CompA, or is currently working with subsequent beneficiary of CompA and get a detailed experience letter?

Any suggestions, or links to other posts and threads here will be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance!

2002 calabor

Only bring the notice and ID(passport) and go there earlier than the appointment. It took me almost 3 hours to finish the whole thing. EAD process should not take that long to get AP. I have never heard any problem in EAD process.

eaky,

Thanks for the advice. We definitely don't want to miss it. I just wanted to know if I need to take my PP, H1 approval notice etc also to the appointment? The notice has asked us to come with the notice and DL.

BTW, have you recived EAD/AP. I filed my forms on 02/12 and was wondeing how much longer. Like they say the last leg of the journey is the hardest if its a marathon :)