I-140; Additional document (W2) - Pl respond

vishalct

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

It has been 3 months since my company filed I-140/I485 concurrent. My company did not send any W2s with the I-140 application. On the forum I found out that a lot of people get RFEs on W2.

I talked to my employer and they are willing to send it. Is it advisable to send documents after your application has been sitting there for a few months? Can this cause any negative effect? Anybody done it before?

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response UN. The thing is that I want to avoid getting an RFE. If there is no negative outcome of sending it now, I would rather send it. Yes, I understand that the mail could be lost. All I am sending is the copies of W2s, I won't be too concerned if it gets lost. What do you suggest?

Did anybody have any issue by sending any additional doc like this. Pl advice.

Mine W2s also not sent

Just FYI, my employer also did not send any of my W2s with the 140 petition. They send the ability to pay documents which I guess are more important. I will wait for RFE to sned the W2s since they are not a required document and sending them in response to a RFE, ties up the documents to the petition properly - also I see RFEs are good... they result in approval - especially simple RFEs like W2 or medicals.

will_get_there

I 140 rfe

I applied for I - 140 8/03. got an rfe dated may 11 th , but only recieved it june 1. they have asked for w2, pay stubs , employers ability to pay , info abt my position, internal medicine physcian and also documenation again to prove that i got 3 years of post graduate residency training.

it seems like they did not get anything first time around?

any advice. i am concerned. should i send the entire application again , including the documents they have not requested for ?