I-140 - 60 days needed after RFE??

softcrowd

Registered Users (C)
My Company applied for 140 in Premium Processing mode and I got an RFE in a week for Company's ability to Pay. Attorney responded back with necessary documentation and status reflects that USCIS recieved the same...

In the USCIS status - It shows that a decision would be made in 60 days...Mine is a Premium process & USCIS should take a decision in 15 days..is n't it?? Its already 10 Business days in between and my file was not even updated.....

Do you think this 60 days part of the message is true or just a mistake????

They are only required to respond to you within 15 business days which they have done by issuing a RFE. They can take the required time to analyze your response to the RFE. In general it should not take too long if they have received your response. You should be hearing back very soon.

RFE Notice

How long does it take to receive the RFE notice. My online case says they mailed the receipt? Can lawyer view the detail online or receive a fax copy.

My case is Premium Processing - Is Premium processing still valid for RFE response?

Thanks
Yogi

They are required to issue an RFE within 15 days since you filed using premium processing. Now even if they mail it on the 15th day they have fulfilled their obligation. You can add another 3-4 days for delivery via mail. Usually once you respond to the RFE your response is reviewed very quickly and final decision made. Going by other people's post it shouldn't take more than 7-10 days once you respond.

Last edited by a moderator: