I-140/485 issues

I140 puzzle

Registered Users (C)
I have a question regarding my case.
I had applied for my I-140 on 14th June 2002 and have not got any info/approval/RFE till date.
We have applied for 485 too and now I am working on EAD.

Looks like my employer might be closing shop due to management issues. I have waited this long for at least my I-140 to be cleared so that I have the choice of switching over my employer. I have been working continuosly on projects and have all my documents in place

Now if my company closes can I go to another employer who can continue my sponsership and as I have not got my I-140 cleared since June 2002 which is no fault of mine are there any provisions to change employers before I-140 approval..

Help me here someone!!!!

Thanks
:)

If you havent done it yet, write to senator with details and emotional drama that you go through. It should help!

Am assuming you/your employer have already raised enquiries with USCIS about the status of your case . If not, you might want to keep start (or raise multiple queries if you already did). As others suggested, you should also consider contacting your local Senator/Congressman and also may be drop an email to Prakash Khatri.

Have to admit this is the OLDEST case I've come across so far still being processed.

All the best.

thanks for the replies - m78768 and zbcx123

I have spoken to our local congressman and senator. They have been informed that our papers are with the adjudicating officer and it has been for a loooong time. My employer is no longer interested so I am following up with them and with my lawyer.

Zbcx123: who is Prakash Khatri and can you give me his details

thanks again

go to the Congressman and ask for help

Like you, I submitted my I140 in Oct, 2002 without hearing anything from VSC of USCIS. I read posts from the others and learned that I could ask help from local congressmen!! I wrote a letter included every information regarding my I-140 petition and sent out to the congressman's office by registed mail. In two days I got call from his office by his assistant. In 10 days, my I-140 got cleared. Go to google, find your local congressman's address and phone #. Your case will be cleared very soon.

Good luck!

Fire2222

Hi Fire2222

I have already approached our congressman and senator too. They are enquiring too. Nothing so far. The problem I have is I have used labor sub and the person whose labor sub we have taken had opted for counsolor processing. Now INS is unable to trace the original labor and they say that they will not approve our I-140 till they can find the original labor. Looks like the original labor has been lost in transition from the US to B'bay.

Now no fault of ours we are stuck. Latest news as of yesterday is that INS needs another 90 days to "search" for the original labor. They were not able to do that in the last 2.5 yrs I am wondering what they can do in the next 90 days!!

Any one knows who is Prakash Khatri?

Hi I140 puzzle,

You have mentioned that the Person for whom you substituted had opted for Consular processing.

Now was the I140 approved for the Original Beneficiary(for whom the labor Certification wsa initially done) or was it cancelled before the actual 140 approval.

Regards.

I 140/485 issues

Hi Vicky007

The candidate whose labor we subbed had got his I140 cleared and the papers had gone to the Mumbai counslate for CP. Our employer cancelled his case as he quit the company in not so good terms.

His case was cancelled just after his CP interview was issued (around 20 days after the interview date was given) . We have checked with the INS that he has not got his GC as yet and thru some friends we have double checked that the candidate has re applied for his GC thru another firm somewhere int he mid west and is on EAD as we speak.

Hi fire2222,

My case(I140) also was pending for more than a year, No REF. I would like to conatct local congress man. I leave in chicago but my employer filed my labor(VT cleared), I40,485 through Vermont. In this case the local congress man senator from chicago or from VT. Pl clarify my dbout. do you want me contact chicago congress man or burlington, VT area congress man.
your help will be appriciated.